1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Performance Figures

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Nov 26, 2017.

1. In truth it's awful. I need to get on the throttle a lot earlier and off the throttle a lot later :D. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I’ve never paid the slightest attention to MPG on any super bike I’ve owned, road or track. It simply doesn’t enter my head. As long as it’s fueling rich, I don’t care.

As for the V4 power figures? They’re going to be up there which ever way you cut it. I’ve gone for one based on power and electronics. My 1098R is a 9 year old bike and I fancy an uber modern scalpel. I reckon the V4 will deliver in spades. Bring it on!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You're right of course, my point was that who really considers how many litres a fuel tank holds, or how many MPG it does when buying a Superbike? Given that if you thrash the granny outta them they'll do little better than a proper sports car being treated the same? Apart from those that just want to be seen and/or associated with a certain type of bike my guess is most SBK buyers will choose depending on the 'performance/brand package a bike offers that suits them best' as the MPG on them is rubbish if they're red-lined everywhere anyway.

Yes it's a pain when you're the first one to need to stop all the time but it's no big deal really and I doubt that would be a real contributing factor to such a purchasing decision.

I'd guess that if anyone is serious about MPG then perhaps they should be looking at getting a second bike for the non-loony stuff where MPGs are meaningful numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Haha this bloody site doesn't allow an 'Agree' and a 'Funny' at the same time. Spot on that man and well stated!

5. amen-1266461919.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. The V4 has a small tank so I'm not very optimistic on the range per fill up?

7. The 1098R has a pathetically small tank from which I get about 80 miles before the reserve light comes on but to be fair, 80 miles is about all I want to do before giving my poor old bones a rest :). Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 7 or 8 laps will do ;):)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Haha yeah 7 or 8 :) I only fill enough fuel for a session so usually about 5-6 litres on any of the bikes. I reckon I'd get irritated if the range went under 100 miles on the road though. Not such a problem if I'm just hooning around but going somewhere it becomes a drag trying to find a fuel station.

10. I love my v4 (rsv4 factory) - aprilia have got history with the v4 (i know Ducati have motogp side) but aprilia have been using it more widely...alot more widely. On the down side its squarely in Aprilia's back yard and aprilia are good at what they do (ive owned mine for nigh on 6 years now, i love it, love the sound, love the looks, and yes, i love its reliability - ive never owned any bike for that long) its never failed me while out on the road (the only thing thats failed is one of the tps sensors which cost 20 quid) and the only money ive ever thrown at it has been for consumables and upgrades.

On the plus side. Its straight from the current motogp design. Electronics will be state of the art (not saying that Aprilia's arent) and youve got the v4 sound combined with the Panigale looks. Whats not to like. While im not a fan of producing an 1100 road going equivalent (cant see the point) its going to sound a little deeper....its way out of my price range but id still love one all the same...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ducati might have motogp..but if one believes this bike shares even 1% with the gp bike he is mistaken.
    Aprilia had won a good couple of Superbike titles with the RSV4.
    When was last time Ducati won a Motogp or Superbike?
    IMHO the balance is more an less even...and anyway who cares about race results when buying a bike?
    We would all ride Kawasaki ZX10's who basically washed the floor with the competition in the last couple of years...and at the last Jerez test could lap quicker than some Motogp bikes.
    RSV4 is and awesome bike, not that there are any bad superbikes out there.

12. Did you watch the 2017 season??

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I know you refer to winning the championship but still I got to take the opportunity! :)...........
    2017-11-28 15_35_42-motogp.com · Andrea Dovizioso.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Personally id say the most relevant racing in relation to road bikes are the local road races in the UK....from 2008 up til a few years ago the fireblade pretty well ruled the roost (it may not have won everything but it was usually in the top 5). My RSV4 is the pre aprc model so no electronic nanny, which makes it a handful to say the least. Ill never see its limit. I would say though from an engine perspective the motor looks near identical to the motogp derived counterpart...

15. I sat on a new Aprilia rsv4 rf a couple of weeks ago, and I gotta say it fit me a lot better than the panigales. I kinda really want one now.

16. I reckon I'd seriously consider one if I lived in Italy, if only to experience what it's like. There were a couple in Aragon in black fairings that looked absolutely awesome.

17. As i say...owned mine for 6 years now....my mate has just changed his 13 out for a 16 plate...i went out a few months back with a load of lads i dont know (only the one with the rsv4 i knew) they knew the road and all were on higher tech and newer machinery than mine....i just about held my own which i was quite pleased with...most of the time you dont even want to go fast but do just to hear the thing...

@camelfarmer - your in Bristol - your more than welcome to have a go on mine (although mines the oldest of all of them) but itll give you an idea of what theyre like.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks but I’m not actually gonna change my bike for a couple of years. The plan is to go live abroad then, so just gonna stick to what I have till then, and maybe consider one someday down the line.

19. Ah - no prob. Dont really change my bikes that much either....reasons are mostly financial though... :)

20. If the v4 is anything like the Desmo it'll drink fuel, I recall being out once years ago my now ex on her 1098S and I was filling up 30-40 miles earlier than she would need to.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information