1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrol Queues.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yellowducmaniac, Sep 25, 2021.

1. BE9A8A50-ED1C-48D7-BB10-DBF65521E91B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Apparently Swindon is out of both diesel and brain cells. I took the opportunity to corner the market in loo roll, pasta and rice. The supermarkets were empty, today they'll be rammed!
    Smoke and mirrors....:D

3. There're a couple of local news sites I check from time to time, and of course proof-reading went uneconomical long ago (e.g. my local one had a 'Love blog').

I just read a piece about the situation on the foecorts. Which is essentially what they are, isn't it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Agree with all that’s posted so far on this thread, there is a staff member of a well known petrol station on the Wirral that felt the need to post on local WhatsApp last night the planned fuel deliveries over the weekend to stop the queues…..there is no problem other than in people’s heads….as Adam says people are easily led, it’s bloody worrying these people even have driving licences!

5. Don’t need fuel but thought of taking the monster out, and filtering past these idiots.
    Then turn into get some petrol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Life would be so much simpler without the media….people would have to think for themselves instead of being spoon fed a load of spin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Got some diesel to get me to Snetterton. 20 quid limit so I put £20.56p in.... Proper rebel me!! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. ha, the neighbours aint laughing now. no shortage of Adidas
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I work in the fuel industry PFS and there have been no issues the drivers have been brilliant as has team logistics keeping the stations topped up and then scaremongering started
    This is absolute shit for the industry that will have to get this back on track all because of BP
    Someone has a driver issue and what better way than to cripple the fuel industry
    What better way to get the attention of the government. Whoever started this should be ashamed idiots!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I would have stopped you at £19.99 :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thankfully I've recently had a home charging point fitted so should be ok to eek out roughly 30 miles of pure electric from the beemer, but that's round trip, unless I wanna drive 30 miles away and then sit somewhere plugged in for a few hours :thinkingface:

You know the best part? By the time I get 30 Miles away it's likely the energy companies will go bust :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. That’ll be the media
    From Brexit to panic buying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. I shouldn’t laugh really o_O

• Funny Funny x 1

14. The media really need to take a long hard look at themselves

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. It is quite simply scaremongering by the media, just as the last 18 months of covid has been. Just as everything is with mainstream media.

Exaggeration, misdirection, wilful ignorance of facts & creating a culture of fear ... Standard media play book

how some can see it yet others can't still baffles me

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I have to say the abuse that was thrown at those serving fuel is disgusting
    That should be aimed at your PM!!!

17. If you don't laugh at the state of things currently you'll cry :joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I’m not sure what the answers here is, but there has to be some form of control over them

Bit like allowing the banks to buy up bad debt and sending the markets in to a global spin, but I digress!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. It's those selfish unvaxed bastards causing this....:joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Thatcher was still in the ascendance when I gave up being baffled by it.

I think the take away is that Labour isn't working so we should give the Argies some bargy.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information