1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrol Queues.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yellowducmaniac, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Perhaps eh, a canny one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Weirdly working at home has meant I haven't actually been anywhere in any of my vehicles in a week, been out in the wife's motor twice I think.

However, I do need to go out on Wednesday, still got 100+ miles on the car but that doesn't really equate to real miles when you start the engine, 20-21 being the average mpg. I'll attempt to fill up on that journey so fingers crossed.

The good news in the bike has been full to the brim since it's last outing and I filled with super unleaded (E5) just in case it wasn't moving for any length of time, the car will only drink E5 but it's worth it.

3. Got some on way home tonight, passed 3 stations and all no queues and fuel. Only issue was max £35 and when it’s 1.40 a litre that’s not enough to fill my tank for the next three days of c 400 miles.

4. Been into 7 garages Bromley and Croydon today no unleaded at all. 4 had diesel and no queues. Been driving round with fuel light on for about 60 miles now. Multi is empty as well.

5. Here in Herts it seems hit and miss judging by the village WhatsApp group. A message will get posted saying such and such a station has fuel but then a few hours later someone will post that it’s now run out of super unleaded, diesel or everything.

6. I was out on the 1098. The first station in Manchester had no premium at any pump, they were all closed. . The fuel light was on so I put in £4 of E10, and had to go to another station to fill up with premium. No queues at either.

7. Got turned away from a local coop petrol station as I’m not a key worker. The security guard enjoyed that.
    (Security guards at a petrol station - bizarre)

No petrol at stations on my 30 mile journey to office.
    Plenty available in that area though and no queues.

8. Passed 6 or 7 stations yesterday without even vapour in them, west London.

Lucked in today though, Sainsbury’s.

9. And who's classed as a key worker? NHS?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Who knows now. Most people it seems.

we have a key worker letter, but I think it is only if we have to go offshore in an emergency.

11. Wtf?! How do they know you’re not, and what makes you a key worker anyway?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well I went out did the stuff I needed to do, first Petrol station (Sainsbury's) had all fuel types available, filled to the brim of full fat super unleaded.

My next stop would have been Morrisons, I drove past and all pumps seemed to be available. Following that I pass a Texaco and all pumps open, my last before home is a BP.... all pumps closed there.

13. BP were the ONLY company who actually have driver shortages

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sounds annoying. When some fuckwit can decide who is and who isn’t allowed to fill up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. He didn’t say if I’d have to prove it or not just said key workers only. Apparently it’s a thing at coop fuel stations.

Do you mean me ?
    We do safety systems for oil rigs etc, and sometimes we are on call, I think the idea was to allow us to travel if we needed to go offshore on a call out.

I wouldn’t say I was a key worker though.

16. I’d say anyone who needs to get to work to pay bills and the lifeblood of all things, tax, is a key worker

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. which probably means that the cheap labour they were employing went back home and now its the whole industries fault. Or am I being too simplistic?

#578 Drinky, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. We are in the early stages of levelling up Britain, Dr Boris’s vision of new order.

The now new pronunciation for Bath is Bath/Barth according to the BBC, think Derry/London Derry but without the sectarianism

It’s all good and what we voted for, right.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Today i went away from home working on the coast and i'd pass twelve odd petrol stations that were closed 4 for petrol and diesel, only one had a tanker sitting on the forecourt...........Boris has everything under control i see at last.:punch:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information