1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pets Corner

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pixie1276, Aug 19, 2012.

1. 020.JPG

261088-62b271af8592cfc51f564c2cc5ee0d09.jpg

008.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Should have mentioned that my Springer is now 14,still wants 2 walks a day ,very active when out but gets a bit wobbly when she's indoors.Recently diagnosed with Meniere's disease,makes her fall over now and again.

3. I'm no photographer (iPhone is my go-to :confused:), but sometimes you just catch that lucky pic. This is our 8yo Meg...... Meg June 2022_edited.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. The only time I’ve ever felt I wish I didnt have three dogs on me own. Two out injured with the dreaded grass seeds in the paw and all three looking at me like I’m the worst dad in the world for not taking them out :weary_face::weary_face::weary_face:
    The youngest’s bandage had just “fallen off” and thankfully he’s not licking or limping so there *might be light at the end of the tunnel :joy:
    Been brutal.

37C693B1-77AC-4AD8-843F-CE24DC22FEE4.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. That look gets you everytime.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. 1CA7878E-1973-4557-9A73-A8A18714DDC9.jpeg Just chilling on a hot afternoon !

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 2
  7. Gracie the blind cat.

Gracie 9 april 22.jpg

I saw her stalking pigeons the other day. I think she'd have got one if a noise hadn't startled them. She goes about the house and garden without bumping into things. Apparently she climbs to the top of the 5' fence. It makes you appreciate the senses and agility you don't normally give a 2nd thought to.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Treacle, my Golden Retriever, passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning. 13 and bit years old, has been slowing down for last two years.

RIP my faithful companion
    FB_IMG_1610548952417.jpg
    Survived by Reuben, his younger brother from another mother
    20190221_ruben.jpg
    Getting a lot of fuss and some regular longer walks again.

• Love You Love You x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. My sympathies mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Feel for you mate. It's shit, isn't it. Nothing like that pain. There's just 18 months between 3 of ours, so (if we're lucky and they all live a full life) god knows what I'm going to be like when their times come. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Yeah, it’s really crap when that happens. Remember the good times ;) And get Reuben a new mate!:):upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. So sorry to hear that, Charlie.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Bumpkin - Sorry for your loss.... They live too short a time...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. awww sorry to hear :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Must have been a busy day, normally they are at the gate the moment they hear me come home. I made it all the way upstairs today.

IMG_20220624_164214.jpg

IMG_20220624_164155.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1

16. So i went back to the vets on friday and they found another wound on his heel after shaving some of the fur away.
    :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:
    "Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse over the weekend he will have to come back in on Monday to operate."
    : unamused: ££££££££££
    Sat over the park in the shade yesterday and looked down and there was the tiniest mark in the middle of the sore. Pulled it and this came out in one piece!
    So bloody relieved, its already cost me best part of £350, make sure you check for grass seed after every walk at this time of year folks :sun::sun::sun:

Seed2.jpg

Wound.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Good job and timely reminder.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. My youngest lad is a Vet Nurse at a small independent practice.

it's unbelievable this time of year how many clients they see whose dogs have grass and other seeds in all sorts of places.
    Pads, Ears, Eyes, Mouth, under the Skin, and even far more uncomfortable places for male dogs.

But don't they just love to bound through long grass? I know our Lab/German shep X does.
    Lady Nasher and I are always very careful to check him over for seeds before his personal medical professional spots them and has a moan at us.

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. My brother’s Schnauzer ‘Max’ and Schnauzer Poodle cross ‘Seed’ above Bondi beach

881D9458-D727-4A48-8262-33C45031551F.jpeg

B5E2B062-AC8F-46B8-88CA-BFC74DC05D4A.jpeg

#2080 Shorty4045, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information