1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pets Corner

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pixie1276, Aug 19, 2012.

• Funny Funny x 2
  1. So pleased her teeth are not as sharp as they were a few months back...

20200917_213728.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. 20200916_145156.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. A few minutes ago, biting my toes to get attention. Now? On her back snoring. A hard life. 0B6CB76D-94AA-47BA-A937-FBF3A3BB1A81.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. It's funny how some dogs sleep like that.
    Our Boxer rescue we lost a couple of years ago used to sleep like that for hours, but our Lab/German Shepard Cross rescue we have now only rolls over for a tummy tickle.
    Broke my heart when we lost this lad.
    P4070005.JPG

PC050008.JPG

But I know I'll be exactly the same when this guy goes:
    Toby 7.jpg

Toby 6.jpg

#1445 Nasher, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  5. @apatchy Best of luck to both you and Oskar. It is clear from your many posts about him how much you love him. I`m sure you will do the right thing for him at all times however hard that may be.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Get well soon Oskar.

I feel your pain Apatchy.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Look after him @apatchy like we all know you will. Lots of hugs. GWS.

Its shit when dogs get unwell / old. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hope for the best apatchy ,our 12year old springer developed a hard lump on the side of her chest big as an egg,took her to the vet who suggested we left her there,they took samples with a needle and sent off to the lab.Came back inconclusive suggested we keep an eye on it ,so every day we're saying is it getting bigger then suddenly it shrinks and disappears completely,hope you get a similar result,fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 3
  9. We've just had something similar with our 12 1/2 yr old american bulldog. She started limping heavily on her right front leg, and it got progressively worse over a week or so, where she would be walking and just faceplant. She has had back end problems since we took her from rescue over 4 years ago and has also had several tumours removed in that time. Anyways, the vet thought the same as yours, growth giving pressure on a nerve, and prescribed anti inflammatory/painkiller Rimadyl long term. Within 2 days she was much improved. We are now a month in and she tears round like a pup and is jumping off walls in the garden and generally being a loon. This stuff has possible side effects to liver etc but to be honest, if she lives out whatever time she has left with this new energy, then I will be a happy chap.

FFD5796D-CFE0-43EE-B88F-1117B64E61B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Yeah, the vet prices are insane. We are still on the first "trial" batch of tablets and they charged us 1.39 per pill. I have found them at multiple
    sources online for under 70p each. Once we are sure these arent upsetting her digestive system etc, we will just be taking the prescription from the
    the vet and buying elsewhere.
    Am a little wary of experimenting with non vet prescribed drugs after her having a severe reaction to another drug she was given post op a couple
    of years ago. On paper it looks like the same class of drug as the Rimadyl (which can also have really bad effects on a small percentage of dogs), but
    when she was given Previcox her stomach lining ulcerated within 24 hrs and she was puking and shitting blood. It took over a week to pull her
    back to normal with other meds and special food.

11. I have just recovered from a subluxated (partially dislocated) left shoulder which trapped my radial nerve, and I found that heat pads and hot water bottles also helped with the pain.

I really hope he GWS, as I know how much he means to you and I can imagine how you feel. I got really upset the other week when Iggy wasn’t well, very listless and was puking and crapping everywhere (turned out he’d just eaten a whole packet of Prosciutto and other cured meats which didn’t agree with him), but until I worked that out and he recovered again I very down and worried, so I really feel for you.

#1452 Zhed46, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  12. I bought Loxicom for about 25% of the cost previously for my Rottie 4 years or so back.

Paying about £30 for a 100cc bottle from memory... had to buy the perscription from vets first..

Still have maybe 5 big bottles in cupboards... but guess expired now.

13. upload_2020-10-2_10-25-5.png

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. Always puts a smile on my face - even when it's raining!
    IMG_20200929_163138 (2).jpg IMG_20200712_141906.jpg IMG_20200928_091441.jpg IMG_20201001_104237.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Lost our daft as a brush girlie yesterday. Gutted is an understatement :broken_heart:

78992089-E950-4762-93C5-59E4056FCB10.png

• Love You Love You x 9
  16. Sorry for your loss.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Took the dog to the beach but he came home with a peddle! 2FD7B97C-1672-4246-BCC3-8B12BD5DCA2F.jpeg FBAA5FA3-F3A7-47FF-9B50-F9E34F061D19.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 1
  18. Sorry to hear that Matey. Been there. It's shit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Sorry to hear that mate. Always such a wrench.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information