1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pets Corner

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pixie1276, Aug 19, 2012.

1. E9184729-1957-4EC5-8577-FEEC864FFB27.jpeg

4 months old now, growing well. Currently about the same size as our GSD.

• Like Like x 5
  2. When 2 dogs are fighting, don't get hold of the 'bitey end'. Instead, if you can (?), get hold of the most aggressive one's back legs and lift them (just the legs) off the ground and pull the dog away from the other. It can't do anything with its back legs off the ground, not even turn and bite you. Of course, if the other dog still wants to keep it going, it's only half the answer. So in that case needs two of you to do the same with each dog.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Ha ha, cat’s are cvnts though. You never see a homeless bloke with a cat. If you’re shit out of luck they don’t want to know you :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sounds about right but easier said than done. The quick, snappy, twisty bastards….

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Apart from Bob of course.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think you just summed up 'cool'. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. That's really useful advice which I'll bear in mind if it ever happens again. I had my hand between the back of its neck and the collar which I twisted tight enough to control the dog but not enough to throttle it so I could pin the underside of its jaw the ground and also grabbed its left front leg so it couldn't turn easily. Tbh I did think to myself afterwards that if it had been a bigger more powerful dog then I might have been in trouble as it was putting up a game fight. I'd still have jumped in anyway for a bit of Man v Mutt MMA though!

Ha, yeah. Kevin Bridges does a funny routine about how your dog would react to you losing your job and your house. "What, you mean you aren't gonna disappear every morning? You mean you and me are always gonna be out? Together? Oh, you're the MAN. What a decision! What a f*cking decision!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I’ve sent that to my Mrs. Our dog starts misbehaving if she’s too long looking at her phone :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah. I know. But if you can, it really does work. Mrs Biscuit used this technique a couple of times when our 4 have got hormonal. Only really works when there’s someone else to deal with the other one though (or it runs away/stops fighting).

#1869 Jonnybiscuit, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Owners that let their dogs roam free, while they're occupied doing something else, are a pet hate of mine. I don't let my dog off lead, unless I can see there's no one or their dog in sight. And I don't want strange dogs getting in my, or my dogs face when we're minding our own business. Apparently I'm the bad guy, if my under control dog tells other dogs to f**k off in no uncertain terms. Anyway 40+ years ago ambition outweighed talent on my GT250, consequence being a diagnosis of arthritis in a knee. That's what my hefty walking stick is for, honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 186458F4-778C-432C-8A90-3AE2811C52F4.jpeg

Iggy jumping on my FaceTime call with the girlf this morning :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. You playing or what? 20211017_140009.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  13. D460E9A1-E619-45A2-9B2B-474C56B42CF8.jpeg This is Ray the Hungarian Vizsla.
    Or as we call him. “Bat Dog”

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. So, not really pet's, Id say I'm their guardian.

I was a volunteer for several years at a small Owl/Raptor sanctuary(Barn Owl Bill).
    Bill was not in the best of health when I joined and his wife Carol did most of the event organizing.

September 2019 Bill died, sadly Carol also passed away December 16th of that year.
    Now we were left with 60 birds to re-home, fortunately many of the other bird sanctuaries took the majority of the birds but we still had a few left, so I along with the other two volunteers took on a couple of the birds that were left.

This is TeeTee a female Kestrel at least ten years old.

TeeTee.jpg

and this is Joe, a male barn owl, age unknown he came to us as an injured bird found in the road.

joe.JPG

This was never planned, they were kept(caged) in the garage for a few months until we could have some suitable housing built for them.

That large concrete base is were the veggie patch was.

house.JPG

I'd just like to add that they make my day every day.

• Like Like x 10

15. Top man for doing that :upyeah: Beautiful birds that I guess wouldn't last 5 mins let out in the wild. They're very lucky to have someone like you.

16. Beautiful! One of the most gorgeous creatures I’ve ever seen is an Eagle Owl. Stunning….

17. Gracie, a cat my sister adopted from a rescue on Crete. Gracie's eyes were removed when she was a kitten.
    She is happy; plays like other cats; clearly has an astonishing mental map based on sound and smell.

20210720_123920.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Eeeeek, eyes removed?? Wtf! Why??

19. I don't know. Some disease. But yeah, that's pretty much how I felt when I heard about it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information