1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pets Corner

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pixie1276, Aug 19, 2012.

1. He’s only been in it once. He likes biscuits more

• Like Like x 1
  2. No, is it bollox. Get home on the 13th. The camp I’m on is dry…

3. Stanley has mainly been acting a tit as usual. He ate 10 mini Dime bars and 2 packs of love hearts, with the wrappers on, a couple of weeks ago. We wasn’t 100% sure it was him or whether he’d hid them. He hides all sorts of stuff. Slippers, socks, bones, tools. He gets on me wick.
    I was expecting total devastation when I got up the next day, but nothing. Mmmmmm.
    Anyroads he exploded dime and love heart wrappers 2 days later. Just wagged his tail like it was normal.
    Then he ate some of the granddaughters crayons. Nothing again for 2 days then out they popped. Wifey texted me at work saying there was multi coloured dog shit all over the garden.
    When I came out of hospital with my hand used earplugs to kip. Well, he sneaked upstairs and scoffed them. Come to think of it I’ve not seen my slippers for a couple of days :laughing:

502BCD16-0A55-4E30-B83C-29C2971074D8.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. You look alike...:eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I thought that too :innocent:

6. Therapy dogs waiting to be let into hospital rooms to comfort sick children.

Dogs.jpg

• Love You Love You x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Awesome. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. What are you guys using to calm your dogs down, as ours is shit scared of the fireworks? We got some stuff from the vets, which is utterly useless. I’d give her a glass of my red, as that does the trick for me, but it’s too good for her, and she gets aggressive when she’s been drinking.

9. As per last night we've got Classic FM on with their usual special mix of soothing classical music especially for pets.

They do it every year for a couple of evenings @ the 5th Nov from 18.00hrs until 22.00hrs.

It really works for our lad.

10. Iggy came with us to a professional fireworks display (well, tbh we watched from the next field to avoid the likely ‘elf and safety dog prohibition and the £20 ticket price) and then we had one in our back garden. He seemed to enjoy both. He’s absolutely fine with loud bangs and the smell of cordite, most likely because as a working cocker it’s kind of in his blood.

BA297DC9-4D84-4EF4-9FC8-21B2444F835C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. AB5845D8-4F04-4107-94B1-E05ED75BFD80.jpeg 71E07591-E989-406E-81BC-2EAAFA99EEBC.jpeg FE8A5CB7-C8E4-40C7-A6BB-775E4FC3D8F2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. We had a barbi and watched the display from Astley Miners museum. Stanley ate our Maudes Prosecco cork.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. When my two girls were young we stood out in the garden at firework time did some recall work with them kept minds occupied lots positive reinforcement and body language ignored making any references about being scared or treating them like babies and kept ourselves positive about the whole experience
    They were never bothered by fireworks
    Both spaniels

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Another cracking pic of Finn :astonished:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. sorry, couldn’t resist

ED483A2C-CBFE-4D7F-8860-C697EC3595B3.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Oh, butter my arse! I normally don’t miss an opportunity to drop a Partridge reference on the forum but I had missed that one somehow.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Sorry it's over my head, never watched that program, but I like the Owl :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. What is it with spaniels! Mine ate a bean bag once, not the throwing kind, the giant sit on kind. Polystyrene everywhere, he was shitting the stuff for a week :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information