1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philip Island Wsbk #spoiler#

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Just finished watching Bautista wipe the floor with them!
    What a racing debut for the new "R".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gutted Haslam dropped it, could have done with him dusting up Rea all year along with Bautista, whom may I add set an absolute marker down in race one.

He's made the switch from motogp look easy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not seen the race only the result, Bautista has certainly set the pace, hope it continues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. What on earth has happended to Chaz Davis ? He is not comfortable on the V4R at all. 27 seconds slower over race distance than Alvaro. Good to see Yamaha and BMW in the mix but a shame to see the same old crap Honda. Andy

5. Great first race for Bautista and some good racing throughout the field.
    Wtf are Honda doing with Kiyo, he’s a nice bloke and all that but finished behind Haslam who crashed and remounted.

6. Yes was a shame to see Haslam go down, he was looking real good, used to enjoy watching his old man so like to see him do well. Fuck how old am I :).

Don't know if you got the Aus supers (support races) but Bayliss hit the dirt fairly hard on turn 1, race 1,
    while in 3rd and looking good. He's still on the twin at the moment, waiting on bits for the v4.

7. Yep he went down, I think he came together with Wayne Maxwell and went down, from watching the live timing I think Cru Halliday was too far behind and they mentioned a coming together so presuming it was Wayne.

Hey got the bike built up for race 2 but after the sighting lap he came in, too sore to ride, he’s broke 2 fingers. Not sure he’ll make race 3 as he’s to get surgery I think. Gutted for him as he was going really well. Aiden Wagner though......

What a WSBK race, good racing between Rea and Haslam and a few others, I thought Rea was a bit sour grapes afterwards with a few excuses but maybe it’s true, fact is Bautista’s race pace was astounding, it’s going to be a cracking season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. As for Chaz he’s having problems with the front end, he has no trust in it. He qualified 16th but moved up a bit. They reckon the bike suits Alvaro more because of his size.....

9. Also Chaz is carrying an injury. As for kiyo I’m thinking pribably for development.

On his day, which seems anyone’s guess Kiyo is bloody fast and world class though. Those days seem to be becoming less common though. Everyone said he was washed up when he joined buildbase.. then he very nearly won the championship.

That Ducati is silly fast down the straight, but even more impressively to me anyway is that the new bmw is basically running a stock motor ! And look how well it did.
    Once it’s developed a bit, I can’t wait to see its potential

• Like Like x 3
  10. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bloody hell...Bautista washed the floor with the old wsbk veterans.
    Was expecting a tight battle but 15sec is huge.
    Not bad start for the V4, but the other guys riding them where quite back on the grid so still plenty of work to be done.
    Leon Haslam :( I was hoping at least a top 5 ride on the championship winning bike.

12. Didn’t realise the WSBK grid has only 18 bikes this year. Thought the field was a lot bigger last year, so what has happened ? Andy

13. Haslam's party trick is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

14. Whitam seems to know his onions on the technical side of things. Met him at Donnington, very small chappy. Clever though. Been through a lot too.

15. Headlamp and Cruthlow they could be twins separated at birth

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. So how long is it until they drop the revs on Ducati? I can't see it making too much of a difference, it's not like the only place he's faster is on the straight.

Didnt watch any wsbk last year, so what's this top hat they keep mentioning and who's wearing it?

17. Bautista‘s bike must have had all the recalls done

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information