1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philip Island Wsbk #spoiler#

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Not a bad start for the new bike, how long did it take to get a win with the pani twin?

Bit early to get too excited but it was good to see Rea have some competition for a change, even if he didn't appreciate it lol.

If Alvaro keeps going like this my old Shoei X11 Bautista rep might get some street cred! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maybe Motogp riders are a big step above Superbike riders?

Interesting to see if Scott Redding shows the same in BSB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Wonder if he will use the Moto GP excuses or if he will have special ones just for BSB

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Lets just hope that the WSB development will be able to cross over and work with the BSB bike specifications.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Amazing performance from a rookie in the opening season:motorcycleduc::upyeah:it will be a vintage year:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. One Swallow does not make a summer...
    (but it was an pretty good performance by Ducati & Bautista)

7. Who's summer, where do I meet her?

• Funny Funny x 2

8. I heard “after the 3rd round” being mentioned with regards to a review of all the rpm limits.

It’s up 12kph on everyone else I think, might not be entirely accurate but thought I heard that as well.

It’s just exciting to have closer or what will be closer racing. As Whitham stated he had the edge because he’d raced there recently with plenty track time and expects it to be much closer everywhere else.

I like Rea, super talented and cracking to watch but it was boring as fuck with him winning all the time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Interesting speaking to the owner of a Ducati race team earlier who states that theres hardly a single item on the race V4 that’s on the road bike.

Also is it me or is Rea a winger when he’s not winning?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Surely there's homologation requirements that must be met? I understand that the FIM are hot on bikes meeting the specs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Well TBH he has a point...what would be the end is every manufacturer will release small batch homologation specials?
    Costs will raise...more and more teams will move out from wsbk or they might as well go motogp.
    Anyway not sure why is he complaining striaght after the first race, escpecially since the officials will review and lower the revs is necessary.
    On another note, the other 3 Ducaties on the grid did not even hit top 5, so altough Bautista might have had couple of mph plus on straights he is still a very good rider. I dare to say it was 80% down to him.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. All Ducati have done is design a bike to fit the rules. Since all the Japanese companies are much bigger than Ducati it would have been easy for them to do the same.

Since Bautista was the only Ducati rider to make the bike work well, sounds like Rea is concerned that maybe he is no longer the best rider in the race rather than it being about having the best bike in the race.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. He's just moaning because he's not used to the close racing this last few years, he's stomped all over the rest of the field so it's obviously going to take him out of his stride.

Haslam on the same bike did well to stay with him and mix it up, hopefully that'll continue.

As for Kawasaki, they've produced a fairly expensive zx10r model in the RR performance, it's not a basic zx10r by any stretch and it was made to keep them at the top of the pack.

https://www.colchesterkawasaki.co.u...supersport/kawasaki-ninja-zx-10rr-performance

Looks like they didn't go far enough

14. Total domination .

15. 1st 8th 10th and 12th - not total domination :thinkingface: a 1st 2nd and 3rd perhaps would have been classed as such :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Rea is the best rider out there at the moment with Bautista a close 2nd. I cannot stand rea probably because he nearly always wins. Man thing. Within the next few years watch the others go to a compact v4. It always was the best package for a bike. I still want that v4 in my Multistrada. Ducati please consider my wishes.

17. Rea: “Our bike is an 18,000 Euro bike from a shop.“

How much truth is in that?

18. I think he’s purely going on what they start with and with the V4R being considerably more it’s a perfect excuse for him, question is can that be used as an excuse???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information