1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Phone Mount - Neat Install (givi + Quadlock)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rusty Eyed, Mar 4, 2019.

1. The modded piece.

15517683037195667085475607414569.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. FWIW, I've had a Quadlock mount on the bike for about 9000 miles, and had no problems. As JH mentioned, may be something to do with the size and weight of the phone. Mine's an iPhone X.

3. Might be something also to do with the bike, was that on a Ducati?

4. Honda Crosstourer :blush:

5. well that is why then, my Duc has quite shaky bars compared to my Blade which is super smooth.

6. So this product works on 90% of bikes but not twins that shake.

7. Can I ask, genuinely because I am puzzled, those of you using your phone on the bike, what do you use it for? I presume the sat nav???

8. Primarily SatNav, but also listen to music/stream radio and podcasts. Can also take calls (and see who's calling before I choose to answer) and have Siri read any texts I receive.

9. My Siri was awful on the bike. Ask it to call Jenna (my wife) and it would find me Tattoo parlours that do Henna.

I think the issue is the size and weight of large phones now (iPhone plus size and now Huawei Mate 20 Pro) and also mounting above the clocks for maximimum vibes at an angle.

Had mine laying basically on its back, mounted on the bars for years on vibey twins with no issues

10. :joy:
    Depends on how fast I'm going, and therefore how much wind noise, but generally it's pretty good.

11. Satnav and music.

12. The Givi bar is neat. Does it restrict access to the screen height adjuster thingy?

13. Nope I could still adjust the screen while riding. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just musik
    have a sat nav above

15. I was very glad of the music and satnav today. Long day in the sadlle.
    Screenshot_20190305_180353_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

16. Good to know, thank you. I think I might order one of those.

17. Or you could use vimeo... once uploaded to your account use the share info & copy it. Then use the movie icon on this (like many) site & paste & post it.

Apologies for reviving thread by new member Arnold mentioned a ducati handle bar holder. And I remembered I wanted to bookmark this specific thread. For future reference'

#37 GunZenBomZ, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  18. Mine had started to do that after about 1000 miles. I emailed Quadlock asking if they had a thin pad I could slot into the mounting slot in the back of the case. They asked the most stupid questions (about 12) and wanted pics and videos too. I told them I wasn’t impressed by their completely stupid and unrelated questions and they could stick their case where the sun don’t shine.

I managed to find a very thin piece of rubber, cut it to shape, slotted it in and job jobbed.

My response obviously hit home as they’ve now sent me a new case and mount apparently. Not arrived yet though.

19. 2000 miles done still no problem.

20. PM me an email addy and I can cc you on a reply straight back on the thread with head office as they're the ones who sent me the modified plate. Obviously is an issue they need to resolve for good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information