1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Pick It Up Tomorrow

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Jack Aubrey, Aug 20, 2023.

1. Really excited about this. Be my first Ducati and looking forward to seeing if it is as different as people say to other fast bikes. Hoping it's in as good condition as the pictures show - guy seems very honest and has even had the bike serviced because i didn't haggle/mess around on price. Wish me luck! IMG_6865.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Earthquaker'

3. Enjoy (it is different - I went from a S1000RR to an 1198S; first ride it was WTF!!!).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. You’ll love it.

I have a 1098s and it’s superb.

Enjoy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I had an 1198s, you wont be disappointed! .....incredible stomp!

• Like Like x 1
  6. That looks great and well done you for not being a minge bag. enjoy.
    Sometimes things really are worth what they’re advertised at :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Brilliant bikes. I went from a 2009 blade to a 1098, without a test ride. Ride it out of the dealers and thought wtf ha e I done. But as soon as its on the open rode, I loved it. Had 3 1198 since then

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ha ha I was like that. loved the sound. Got it home to Essex from Birmingham and it’s fair to say it took me a while to get used to that huge twin.
    Wouldn’t be without it now!

• Like Like x 1
  9. sold my 1198S 2 years back, still regret it, should wheel out the 1098R I suppose but prefer pottering on the multi..getting old I guess..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Couldn't agree more Red, confident i won't be disappointed today

• Like Like x 1
  11. What an entry to Ducati ownership, a beautiful bike!
    I bought a Monster 1200S that uses a version of the 1198 motor, sight unseen shipped from the Shetlands in the pandemic. I wasn't sure if I could live with the lumpiness initially, having last had a small Monster in the late 90s, until I opened it up, the surge of torque is addictive...
    Welcome.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Tomorrow has arrived!
    How did it go?

• Like Like x 1
  13. thanks mate

14. Yeah it's great, only had two relatively small rides on it: 1 on collection and one when i got it off the trailer at home. But it sounds amazing, the videos people shred just didn't do it justice. And it's gorgeous. The seller had just put it in for an oil change and it was just as described. Shame you could tell he really didn't want to sell it!
    I have to go to the US on a business trip so won't be able to get on it now until mid September - gutted!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Much fun awaits you mate.

Enjoy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Sounds great.

Enjoy it when you get back!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Thanks mate

18. Nice buy! Glad its all you hoped it would be. Enjoy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information