1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures Of A Naked Lady

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Android853sp, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Carole has decided that the risk is too high to bring her Diavel so there is room on the trailer for two :D. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not entirely sure that the picture is appropriate but hubba hubba. Andy

3. Okay, she is no longer naked and I have just bought her home freshly serviced and shod. Andy

20160215_142747.jpg

20160215_142804.jpg

20160215_122144.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Looks a lovely clean example. Weather looks ok too. So get out there and give it what for.... After you've scrubbed those squeaky clean new tyres.... Enjoy! Let us know what you think of it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Mmmm, sadly no MoT or insurance at the moment. Trying to organise something for Friday. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. You need a bung on the end of the LH clip-on.
    I hope you haggled for that!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Very , very nice!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. The bike has been dropped although all the damage was professionally repaired by a Ducati main dealer. The left hand bar was a casualty and was replaced by an after market longer one. In the box of bits, there is the right hand one that never got fitted. I have ordered a stock bar and will make my mind up which pair I like most. Didn't want to get too picky because the chap was really nice and he felt like he was selling his baby. Baby came with the original unused slipper clutch, a new full set of clutch plates, both original exhausts with ECUs,heat shield and O2 sensors, the original foot rests and levers, a pair of Marchesini R wheels shod with wets, front with discs, front and rear paddock stands, Ducati fibreglass track fairings and the new tyres that were fitted. Would have been a bit churlish to haggle and we both were happy with the deal. Oh yes I forgot, post drop, the frame was replaced under warranty because some of the welds had started to go rusty. Andy
    PS - please, no name calling :D.

#29 Android853sp, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tobytyke, I'm really, really sorry. Really ! Andy

10. I'm sure you are Andy :Grumpy: , I suppose we're gonna have to suffer some Spanish tarmac shots soon as well :Rage:

Only kidding keep em coming :D

11. 1098R
    Still on the want list! :pompus:

12. Absolutely, although they will be the 853. Will have to wait until Brands in April for pictures of the R. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice to see one getting used as it should. Not poncing around the local meet or out on high days only.

14. MoT this afternoon although I experienced the short comings of a LiPo battery before even setting off. It's been very cold here for the last 3 or 4 days and the battery couldn't provide enough oomph to crank the engine. Once started and warmed through though, the battery was fine. First impression ? :Jawdrop::Jawdrop::Jawdrop::Jawdrop::Jawdrop::Nailbiting::Nailbiting::Nailbiting::Nailbiting::Nailbiting::D:D:D:D. It is without doubt the shoutiest and biteiest bike I have ever ridden. The suspension has been adjusted way too hard for me, too much rear pre load and virtually no movement in the shock. Front has too much compression so that all needs to be set up. I have never ridden a bike with a quick action throttle before so I'm guessing I will have to get used to the DTC kicking in under acceleration in 3rd gear. If anything the riding position of the 1098R is marginally smaller than the 748R which I find surprising and by coincidence, there was a 1098s getting an MoT at the same time and it was remarked that the R was 12kg lighter than the S in similar trim. Have I done the right thing, is it going to entertain me ? The answer is most definitely yes although I suspect it is going to take a little while to find the sweet spot for me. JHS near Bristol have always looked after me and I am sure they will give me a bike to rival the 748R(853) for handling. Andy

• Like Like x 7
  15. Andy,
    Totally agree...mine is ferociously "bitey" (as you succinctly say) too. The 70mm system is outrageously loud!
    Mine was waaaay too hard front and rear - looking forward to taking it out on the newly sprung forks and shock - hope it has made it the sweet handling bike I know it can be!
    Just need to spend some serious quality time in the shed reassembling it now (3 days booked off work next week for this).
    Serious bike. Lovely!

#36 RickyX, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  16. Keen to see the D16RR forks fitted and very interested in your assessment on how they affect the ride quality. A change of forks is out of my budget but having got a rear shock with hydraulic pre load on the 853, I'm keen to see if there is an equivalent in the TTX range. Good luck with the rebuild. I believe there is wifi at the hotel in Almeria so I'll be trying to keep up with everyone. Andy

17. Where does one purchase this lovely model today from, i'm a cash buyer.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. The last resurrection of this stature was 2000 years ago around mid April…. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Unfortunately i've a error coming up as i wanted another look at that naked lady.:mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information