1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Pikes Peak Rear Shock Rubbing

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Melvin, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Hi all this is my second pikes peak I've had a few problems with this one.
    Clutch problems, new heads and pistons and all the normal little stuff but this is my third rear shock from new as you can see from the pic the paint rubs off my dealer says I'm the only one with this problem which I can't believe.
    Bike has 31k on it now 16 plate I'm waiting to see what comes out end of the month if I get shut of it or keep it.
    With all the problems I'd still have another. 20190525_093210.jpg

2. What's it rubbing on?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The pre-load hydraulic pipe, just needs re-routing that's all

4. Sounds like an easy fix ...

5. Yes should be an easy fix but dealer just keeps fitting new shock under warranty.

6. If it's easy, I'd just fix it, any reason you (or the dealer) don't want to do that?

7. Not an easy fix for me should be for the dealer that's why I took the extended warranty out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks to me not enough preload

9. Melvin, can you post a picture of where the hose comes out the back of the manual adjuster.
    It may be that just needs moving round a bit on the banjo bolt, so the hose goes up over the reservoir.
    Just a thought...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Preload is turned right up plus it shouldn't rub on that cable even if its bottoming out.

11. Will do but you would of think the dealer would of thought of that and sorted it rather than keep changing the shock

12. I think it's quite bizarre they keep changing the shock instead of fixing the problem!

13. That's very true, but my thought process is Ducati would have sent a new bare damper, or possibly the spring, not the whole thing. The adjuster may have simply been swapped over from one to the other.
    I'm speculating here, but it's worth a shot.

Also, I'm pretty sure these are hydraulic, so it's a hose not a cable, hence my comment regarding banjo bolt. Do not undo it with any preload wound on !!

14. Might also be worth checking some other pikes peaks, make sure your preload platform is oriented the same, the hose comes out the same, and it's the same hose (different bikes have different lengths and hose ends)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information