1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Pikes Peak Stickers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by ADS1, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Graphics fitting went fine, I think. (did pay to get them fitted !!) bike looks excellent.
    Was advised to get the panels lacquered, currently in body shop, ready to collect on Tuesday. Will post photos then.

Andy

2. Hi Andy

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the pics. I think we are reasonably local, it would be great to see it 'in the flesh'. I'm keen to change mine from just plain red.

Treated mine to a set of new Avon 3D Storm XM tyres this week, expertly fitted my Rich at Louigi Moto :)

What a difference from the old Tyres!!!

Cheers

Deaks

3. Andy I don't think you need to get the panels lacquered! The adhesive on the stickers is quite strong and seems to be further activated with heat. I've spent yesterday and this morning finishing mine off. Both side panels were a little tricky due to the contours at the top. Not perfect but happy enough.
    Mark

• Like Like x 1
  4. I had all my panels clear coated after having the PP, tbh the ducati OE paint is rather thin so the clear cost is an added bonus and the panels look as tho there still wet now, look at the shine of this .

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hi Mark
    Fair play to you fitting them yourself!!
    Do you have any pics of your handywork?

Thanks in advance

Deaks :)

6. There you go Deaks. Still a few bits to finish off. The kit is pretty good and quite easy to apply with the exception of the front side panel. Nothing that a bit of patience wont sort out!

IMG_5461.JPG IMG_5460.JPG IMG_5461.JPG IMG_5460.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks. Yes its the Vulturbike kit.

8. Looks very nice does that [emoji106]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wow!! You've done a stunning job there for sure. Do you think the graphics need clear coating? or are you going to leave them as is?

Cheers

Deaks :)

10. Tbh as already mentioned you will probably find once they have had a bit of summer sunshine on them they will adhere more, the film they use is very advanced now and the only time I found film to lift is on square edges so round all edges now when applying film.

I've got a vehicle that's wrapped in film and 2 years on its not lifted anywhere and I even use a jet wash to clean it (not to close)

11. Nope not going to clear coat them. The graphics have strong adhesive. If I did clear coat and decided to remove them at a later date I'd have to get the whole bike painted. The red you can see on the side panel is actually the original paint and not part of the graphic so would leave a definitive line of clear coat should graphics be removed.

12. Looks really great, Mapeo.
    Is it necessary to remove all the parts to do a correct job, or?
    Was it your first experience with such foil? You guess, its possible to do it as first work?

Thank you and best regards,
    Heimo

13. It is necessary to remove the front side panels at least. I asked vulturbike if they had a video showing how it's done like an early multi (see their website) but the only video they had was a sequencing one with still photos.

Had wrapped a front mudguard previously and that's it. I would suggest watching YouTube videos and have a practice first. I will say don't expect a perfect job on the front side panels if you haven't done this before. You may see why when you see the attached picture of the graphic.

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. At last collected bike after having decals fitted. Decided to get them clear coated, looks great.

Deaks, you are welcome to see bike in the flesh, I live in Bristol.

20160322_173915.jpg

20160322_173933.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bikes looks awesome!

Just to give you reassurance I use Vulture Bike decals and had them fitted professionally - 2 years on they are still like new and no lifting at all.

I researched them and they are well known and good products.

Compare that to venture shield on the Pani which is lifting on corners with the same mileage!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nice one lads!

• Like Like x 1
  17. vulture bike kit on a white multi

20160928_214642[1].jpg

20160925_123841[1].jpg

20161017_211323[1].jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wow - that looks extremely cool. I never really liked the white bike but the stickers make it look amazing.

19. Just finished adding the Venturbike Triclore wrap set, not had it out in daylight yet to get the full effect but so far very pleased.

The side panels were the biggest faff by far and in hindsight I would have done them last as they were the most complicated.

Was going to do the PP optlion but as everyone else seems to have gone that route had to do something different. Can't decide whether or not powdercoat the wheels in a nice glossy white with red rim stickers.....what do you think ? IMG_0085.JPG

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information