1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Oct 10, 2021.

1. I’m surprised it was even listed. I had the same issue when I bought a new model Z1000SX in 2017, had a long discussion with insurance company and they had to speak to the underwriters with a spec of the bike and comparing it to the previous model to come up with a realistic quote. I really don’t understand why it has to be so difficult but it seems it takes them 6 months after the bikes been on sale to sort it out.

Let’s face it though, once spec’ed up it’s going to be a £30k bike and in my experience most claims are total loss through write off or theft?

2. I collected my V4S in June, my then insurance company added an extra £350 for the swap from the 1260 to the V4, the policy ended in November - so an extra £350 for 5 months comp cover. The quoted renewal in November was initially £1500 which dropped to £1000!
    The usual hunt on the web plus phone calls etc and ended up with Bennetts at £500 for the year. That is in Surrey, in a concrete garage, trakker, full NCB and a 2 year old 3 points on my licence. Bennetts could be worth a call for quote, the on-line price isn't the best they can do.

3. I use Bemoto. They’re normally very good, so I’ll give them a call once my bike arrives, and the bikes have actually been released to customers.

I also tried to get a quote on my SFV2, and that’s still not even listed. So I’m prepared for a double raping!

4. First V4 PP has arrived at Ducati Leeds

Now I might go up and view that 1260 PP

7E5A9AC3-5A39-491E-951A-FD2CE3C004EB.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Looks awful. I suppose I should still get one, just to see what the fuss is all about.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Given me a strange feeling in my trousers................ooooerrrr matron

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. What you going to be like when they release the SP version !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. No more trousers ..... just a mess lol and an empty wallet again Nooooooooooooooooooo

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Anyone else had the delivery moved , should have been today , now the 18th Feb

10. Bugger. Tell me they didn't wait until today to let you know? Looks like the parts supply chain problems (semi-conductors??) that car manufacturers are suffering might be affecting Ducati? I haven't even got a build date for my PP.

11. To be fair they only started back today from Xmas shutdown . Gutted but hey ho ..just another 6 weeks

• Like Like x 1
  12. to be fair my local dealer just told me prob sometime in Jan. but they know I don't want it till March. no way I'm going near a road at the moment so might as well wait for new reg in March. I'm getting the first bike into dealership but will just sit there unregistered till i want it :upyeah::cool:

13. Thinking the same as if it comes in on the 18th as the first one at Worccester , then to be pdi , the full 3m cover, may as well wait the extra week for the new reg , but mines a private reg but lets see how the weather pans out . Just need to get the enduro out and relax , do a few races , few lanes ... chill ... its hard tho... i feel like a spoilt kid I WANT I NOW!!!!!
    Plus the devaluation of the mint V4S sitting with less than 3k on it......:astonished::astonished::p

14. Mine is due for the 1st March, so I’m hoping they don’t push it back by 6 weeks. It is what it is though I guess.

15. I’m glad I’ve agreed a trade in price on my 1260, regardless of when the PP comes.

16. I handed my SFV4S over in Nov as wasn't going to be using it and better price then rather than waiting till March dealer already sold it:upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  17. I offered to let my bike go now, on the understanding that if I wanted to have a bike for a few hours on a sunny Saturday until the PP comes, they’d lend me one, but they were happy to fix the trade in price.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Call to the dealer in the morning

19. Let us know what they say.

20. Did they give you the money for it on hold on deposit? Not sure I’d trust a dealer with that, no matter how reputable, you just never know what can happen and dealing with a receiver can be a whole world of pain :eek:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information