1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Lucky devil , mine was ordered in Oct but running late , out of interest when was your order placed. Thanks

2. yep i ordered it in July before they had confirmed the actual thing existed:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Of course MCE Insurance has gone bust, so anything you're seeing from them is an algorithmic hangover…

4. Now there's a discussion to be had. I've ridden a few 'leccy bikes (and have a 'leccy car) and they're all pretty-to-very 'proper' in terms of performance, entertainment etc. The bikes don't remotely have the range I need at intergalactic cruising speed, but the price differential is falling (e.g. a PP isn't far off the cost of an Energica), and I'm not too worried about the future. Yes, I absolutely will miss the 'Swiss watch' bit of infernal combustion engineering, I will (occasionally) miss the judgement and skill needed to keep the thing on the boil and - as a rider - I will miss the sound and fury (my 749R has a full WSS exhaust f'rinstance). OTOH, there is something very relaxing and amusing about having electric torque so instantly on tap and, as I live in a National Park, within 2 miles of a top biking road, I won't miss the continuous weekend drone & wail. Yep, the world is changing, but the future isn't as bleak as the more entrenched Luddites would have us believe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don't call me entrenched! o_O

6. Wasn’t calling you a Luddite either! Unless you’d rather I did…

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Charging any vehicle out of city is almost impossible , normal weekend rides for me are 300 to 400 miles and I cannot remember seeing any charging points on the routes I do , also when you find one its used and a queue . Once the infrastructure is sorted then maybe its worth it . Not in my life time I fear. I feel I am old school petrol head as electric car give me car sickness and also they are a bit bland and the thought of an electric bike at the moment would make me hang my helmet up.
    Bit of a comparison , AMG 6.3 verses Tesla Dual , Tesla faster but the sound of a V8 ....ooooooooooooo

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. living in the Highlands, charging is rarely an issue - most villages have ChargePoints and the decent range of current EVs means that too-up charging is mostly a luxury anyway. On longer trips to Englandshire, the car’s range is way longer than that of my bladder and I get a charge in the time it takes me to empty same and grab a top-up coffee. Bikes aren’t there yet - a day’s ride for me would be 3-500 miles - that would be fine with a single Rapid charge over lunch but not otherwise - I’d want a bike to have a range of 250 miles under typical (ie NOT 55mph!) conditions, and that’s more than double what any battery bike can manage now. OTOH, charge density is improving by c.20% compound per year, so we will get there in a few years time. And, lest we forget, I’d rather be tootling around in splendid silence and enjoying the scenery rather than roasting rats in the smouldering wreckage of our civilisation - seems like a reasonable trade-off to me…

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Dear all,
    I drive a Tesla Performance model 3 which has absolutely nothing to do with the V4 PIKES PEAK !!
    A BIT LIKE WHERE THIS THREAD IS HEADING :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Sorry:pensive::pensive: got distracted as not got my bike yet . It’s call nothavingitknowitis

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Think we could be in for a wait here.

12. Yawn. But you’re quite right - let’s get the thread back on topic.

13. Are you exited yet …… I would be

14. Yup....but just really looking forward to decent weather and getting out on it :upyeah:

15. Me and you both :upyeah::upyeah::beer:

16. Have you seen the new Honda. I would say the PP has competition.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 21.26.30.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. ^^ Gold forks and panniers as standard. PP. pfff.

18. Have you always wanted to be a nightclub comedian? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. But..it looks great. It only took four GandTs, ok my glasses are upstairs. Am I missing something?

20. On a serious note. Can you imagine if the Honda had more power, maybe 115bhp or 120bhp..?

o_Oo_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information