1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pikes Peak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Oct 10, 2021.

1. I offered my 1260 to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, but they said they’re happy for me to hang on to it until the PP arrives. Quite glad I am now.

2. afternoon. Well looks as good in the dealer waiting for me and march as it did in the NEC.
    Yup, recall already on the rear shock. but new one arriving next week or so and not picking up the bike till March so no worries. ordered few bits and pieces and even went so far as to get them to respray the wheels 'gold' or matching colour to the engine cases. saw it on the attached Bayliss rep and looks the nuts. oh, and i didn't realise that the #1 on the fairing isn't a #1 but a 'black stripe' - according to Ducati :):upyeah:

20220115_142459.jpg

20220115_142517.jpg

20220115_143851.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Congrats and look forward to seeing the bike with the wheels in gold. Did they say what the problem with the shock is?

4. even the dealer wasn't sure what the exact problem was. just that they are replacing the unit asap. presume wouldn't affect most folks as it will be done before the vast majority of bikes arrive

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Another issue from an outsourced component like the valve guides. I wonder if Ducati’s outsourced component quality verification system caught the problem or if it’s feedback from the press launches. Andy

6. Full system?

7. Nah, he tried to flog me it but got to draw the line somewhere. Besides, the akra on my streetfighter put me off as so loud....and don't really need another 10bhp for £2.5k

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stop making excuses and just do it! Life’s too short.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seems Ducati expect micro chip issues through Q1 and probably Q2 as well.

10. @Fraser
    You should still go for the gold/mag coloured mirror stems. To match your wheel colour:upyeah:
    (Nice Breetle outside too)!

11. Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in a £25k+ bike !!
    The V4 is launched with engine issues and now the PP is recalled even before reaching the showroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. That’s a nice colour gold, can anyone give me the paint code for it. Or better still, the powder coating colour name. Although I have to say when I went to Central Wheel Components in Birmingham last year they didn’t do a Powder Coat pale gold colour like that.

13. I'll find out from dealer but think paint job not powder coated. Apparently also means don't have to replace bearings??

14. Blimey, not sure about that

15. It will be a one off

16. Are all the build slots taken for the PP?

17. Not a limited run so just a case of getting your name down. My dealer said probably looking at late autumn if ordered now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Its a black tape holding the fairings togheter...

#598 psousa, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Had a chat with the dealer today. The shock recall is only affecting the initial batch of bikes that have already left the factory. Most bikes won’t be affected. The semiconductor issue “may” affect delivery, but Ducati haven’t alluded to that yet.

20. Fingers crossed... I asked my dealer today and he doesnt have any information about delays. According to him Ducati is actually quite good with deliveries comparing with Yamaha or HD who are having big troubles to keep their compromises.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information