1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Pillion Seat Storage - Disk Lock

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by freshage, Sep 16, 2020.

1. The scrotes will use a cordless grinder and cut the disc either side of the disc lock.
    and tow the bike away using the rear brake only.
    If thieves really want it they will find a way of taking it, fit an alarm and tracker.
    And invest in a cut proof bike lock, and hope for the best.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Yea, nothing will ever stop a determined thief. I've ordered the Abus 8077 as it has a VERY annoying alarm which is very loud, any movement, even just kicking the back wheel sets it off, when I'm at home the bike is stored in an underground car park with a solid entry gate so it's fine then. The lock is more for when I'm out and about and do some stops where I won't have eyes on it.

I just need a deterrent more than anything, and something loud and annoying is perfect.

3. Can anyone tell me which Roadlok model it is for a 1260 Pikes Peak? Thanks in advance

4. @Billy Big Roy

• Like Like x 1
  5. If I'm right, the 1260 has the Brembo M50 callipers fitted as did my 1200R. The XRA307 unit will fit and I have these in stock @ £168.00 including UK delivery.

0A403944-8DDE-481C-B4FC-4C77223CFB8F.jpeg

6. ROADLOK XRA EuroSport (Right Side)

Wish I knew this, I purchased mine direct from Roadlok :worried:

7. Hi @Billy Big Roy - do you still have any stock of these for a 2015 DVT multistrada?

8. I have the Roadlok on my bike. It works perfectly, and saves having to carry more shite under the seat, or in a bag. I'm not sure if it will still fit, once I have the Galfer wavy discs fitted though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think that the S and Pikes Peak have the M50 callipers, the base model doesn't though. Not sure if the spacing, relevant to fitting a Roadlok, is different however.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It may still fit, if not, try a different spacer size. I had another customer who had to remove his Roadlok when he fitted wavy discs to his 1290 Adventure as the brake bolt wouldn't fit through the disc cut outs.

11. Ok, cheers Chris, there’s hope!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just had my Roadlok delivered by Chris @Billy Big Roy - what an awesome bit of kit and great support and personal service from Chris - and easily best price as well as a forum member!! I can’t wait to not have to cart a big ugly disk lock around with me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I was my pleasure Ant. Thank you so much for your kind words and don't hesitate to get in touch if I can be of service again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just installed my Roadlok supplied by Chris @Billy Big Roy great piece of kit and no need to lug around a heavy disc lock anymore. Really good price and great service

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Other than angle grinding the disc off, I can’t see how a thief could get through one of these locks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Its was a pleasure John, thank you for your kind words.

#36 Billy Big Roy, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  17. Excuse this question, can someone share the internal dimension of the storage on the pillion seat. I need to carry a few things and not sure if I need a tank bag or if they will fit under the seat of my 1260.

unfortunately I only get the bike end of next week so trying to pre plan.

any help would be appreciated

18. Cheers…. I’m looking at the 5l version of that. I literally need somewhere for the waterproofs so it’s 24x17x5cm… and I can fold in whatever way to get it in there. But if it’s “minimal” I will just get the tank bag.

out of interest… givi Vs SW Motech micro?
    Thanks fella

19. The under pillion space isn’t enough room for waterproofs. No experience of SW Motech but very happy with my Givi. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information