1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Diablo - Basic Version

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by LiveFast......, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Has anyone had any experience with the basic Diablo road tyre?

Demon tweaks has them at a very cheap price £67 and I’m thinking of replacing the rear on my Sprint ST 1050 with one.

They don’t have to be amazing as it only gets used for commuting - because of this the rear squares off well before the tyre is worn out and ruins the ride.

At this price it seems a no brainer unless there’s something I don’t know about them?

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/pirelli-diablo-motorcycle-tyres-384777/

upload_2020-6-29_14-22-59.jpeg

2. Odd, the Pirelli UK web site has a Diablo Rosso II and Rosso III and not a tyre just titled Diablo. If the tyre is the Rosso II which has now been superseded, it’s a fine tyre IMO. Andy

3. I would have said they're probably NOS

https://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/...success-with-pirellis-diablo-family-of-tyres/

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. email them and ask for manufacture date, worth a try they may have been described wrong!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Read my mind - did just that! :)

6. Yeah that’s at least a 10 year old tyre, I had some on a Daytona in 2010 and they were discontinued then

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Andy, I had the Diablo Rosso on my 748 when they were new. I know confidence in the tyre is important but due to the front wear rate, loss of front end feel after 750 miles, poor grip on cold autumn roads and frankly atrocious performance in the wet I regarded them as the simply the worst tyre I have ever used(over 40 years FFS). Stuck with them to 1500 miles and was happy to ditch them before something serious happened. The place where I bought them said there was a lot of bad feedback hence the hasty release of the Rosso 2, sounds like that was a significant improvement.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Rule of Thumb: replace following six years after the manufacturing date expressed as a 4 digit number Week/Year
    EG: 2619 26th week of 2019

9. This was the response from Demon Tweeks - the tyres are sold elsewhere so I guess Pirelli have kept manufacturing the old design as a cheaper option.

I might email Pirelli and ask them if the tyres sold today are the same as the original or has been updated - seems odd to state in a press release that the tyre has been replaced by the rosso and then keep making the old.

“Thanks for your email. Although we cannot guarantee the exact DOT date on the exact tyres you that you will receive, we can however guarantee that we do not sell old tyres and the tyres that you receive are all of the latest batching. The Diablos are priced as well as they are simply due to the amount that we buy and sell”

10. Sometimes batches of old(er) tyres do pop up with current DOT.
    Last year M&P shipped me (in error) a pair of SC BSB tyres. By all reports an 'old tyre', DOT was 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information