1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Pirelli Supercorsa V2 Or V3

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by PeteKeys, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Hi all

I need to order new tyres for a road and track day in a few weeks

Currently i'm on the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V2 120/70 and 200/55 which are great.

I notice that Pirelli now have the SP V3 120/70 and 200/60. They have debued on the V4.

From Pirelli site
    https://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/...v4-with-innovative-rear-tyre-size-20060-zr17/

Anyone had experience of these - should I move onto them?

Is this the reason why the V4 handles really well so I won't need to upgrade to the ugly beast ? :p

2. If you back your bike in to corners, you might see a difference but if not you'll get better deals on the V2. Andy

3. Isn't that the same dimensions as the slicks? You can notice the difference having the little extra width/height; it gives you a some more confidence at mega lean but unless you are giving it billy big beans I wouldn't be racing to spend the inevitable extra cash.

4. pricing is the same
    V3 is £305 a set V2 is £307

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oh ok. I'm just talking aloud but I would say they are going to want to be over on their side a little more than the V2 which is already nice and tall for track heroics.

6. I would assume 200/60 would be slightly heavier and should be larger diameter. If you suspension/bike balance is set for 200/55 the larger one might imbalance the bike.

7. so they might be better to help with my little moments like this ...

• Like Like x 3
  8. F*ck me that was well held!! I think you'll need more than taller tyres to help with that :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. The v3 is supposed to be a pretty tasty tyre, I was talking to Bob Collins about it a while ago, sc2 compound on the edges..

I bet they’re a fortune though and for road I’d doubt you’d notice the difference.. for track I’d probably consider something else all together myself

10. #4, £2 cheaper a pair than the V2. Andy

11. Ooooooooooooo

In that case, why not

12. Ooooooooooooo

In that case, why not

13. Just fitted the v3 to my 1299. Seem good but tyre is very close to my akro slip ons because of the extra height.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Ive just got a set of v2 from fwr for 290. Free delivery and delivered next day.

15. Local tyre shop to me was quoting 284 fitted to loose wheels....currently pondering taking of the Corsa III's for the impending TT trip.....i dunno, for me the supercorsa is the bar at the moment - nothing else feels like them. Ill try a tyre and then always finding myself going back to the supercorsa...

16. hi, i also fitted a set on my 1299, have not ridden them yet, what do you do when you come off the track after a session with tyre warmers, previously id put them on but now they will touch the exhaust so id need to wait for this to cool down in which case so does the tyre before the next session,

17. @PeteKeys you are too fast now for road tyres. I know it's nice to just keep the same tyres for road and track, but for £15 at the end of the event to swap back from slicks, that's what I'm doing. And then you can actually use a more road friendly tyre on the road ?

18. Jesus I've just watched that vid ! !!!!!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information