1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Placing Top Box On And Off Rack

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by johnny, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Notwithstanding the joke instruction which need to be downloaded, I got the Ducati rack adapter and Top box for my Multi V4s

Time to place the box on the rack with the key and i can't get close. Around 5-7 mm out. Several tries then I get tough and basically hammer it on. After that it would not come off so i hammer it off.
    Repeat and i break a tag off the rack. Ducati replaced that but I am now in the same boat, incredibly difficult to place and remove. I have an old GIVI rack and that goes on OK.

Is anyone else seeing this, i toyed with some grease or maybe shaving the tags but this kit was not cheap!

2. It needs to be lined up carefully as the rack slides side to side (or it should do), my Ducati OEM top box is a tight fit and needs wiggling to get the tags home and is the same with a Givi Dolomite 30litre top box. both tight but no hammer needed. The locking tab also needs a good push down on both, maybe because the rubber blocks are still new -ish. I prefer them to be tight so they don't rattle

3. Just say no to topboxes.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks Veetwin. This is just using the top plate in isolation. I must say I really don't see the logic to the moving plate but hey!
    This is one hell of a push and heave. Getting it off is almost impossible. Standard GIVI rack has no such issue firm but easy

5. You need someone to give you lessons on ownership. Best to take it back to the main stealer and get then to do it.

6. Not sure I would get anything of value from you. Dealer was informed, I was looking for some experience on the force needed from fellow owners which i received

7. For what its worth. I have a Ducati top box and the associated rack. Mine slides on and off with ease. Its no harder than the Kappa setup I had on my previous bike. They should not need forcing into place.

Try loosening the mounting plate securing screws a little and try, perhaps yours is twisted?

8. It should not need wacking with a hammer.

Check the systems releases easily when pressing the button when its off the bike.

I bought an Iconic parts rack and Givi Trekker alu case for my V4 as i was not impressed with the quality of the Ducati one on my DVT.

9. Mine is bloody tight and it was fitted by the dealer. Much tighter to get on and off than my 1200S and 1260S were.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information