1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please, Help With Ducati Customer Service!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ruti, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope I understand you right:
    Codes can read Ducati computer. The importer sent it to Ducati and analize it himself.
    The problem happend then I ride from or to Jerusalem from my first month with SP. But I didn't ride out of the town so often. Now - twice on week, in winter - once in month.All last month the SP was in the service. I got it yesterday and the problem happend when I ride from the service in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The tank was less of half. But only turn the key didn't help, the motorcycle haden't ride emmidiately. I tryed three times - the bike just cuts throttle response and nothing help. I continued to ride only after stop in side of the road and closed switch for two seconds. I told about it to Importer and he said that I must put the clutch lever and wait after turning little bit more.
    No, I didn't ride with open tank and never didn't full it to the absolutly end. Do you think I must to try it?

#41 Ruti, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. El Toro, it isn't speculation. I need help, I asked for help and frends tries to help me, you can read. It what I didn't get from Ducati, sorry.

3. How long have you been riding when it cuts out for the first time ?

When it breaks down and you wait for so long does the bike ride again for the same amount of time or does it break down more often after the first cut out

4. Sorry, mechcanico lee. I didn't understand your first question.

No, I bring back the motorcycle and said, that I want my money back now. But the Importer said that cannot deside himself alone the "buy back", gave me his simple Hypermotard (not SP) and stay with my SP for continue to look for fixing.

I rided to the simple Hyper this month with regular seat ( the SP I can use only with low seat). After month on simple Hypermotard without problems, I begon to think, that the problem was in low seat, came to Importer and took the SP for to try it with regular seat, but without stuffing (my height is 164 cm and on an ordinary seat I do not even get one foot to the floor). And on the first trip it turned out that I was wrong :(

5. I must add that the same problem once happened me before with the simple Hypermotard, but with a changed low seat. So I suspected him.

6. A couple of remarks:
    1- we are both owners of both Israeli problematic SP motorcycles - low growth and little weight.
    2 - the problem happens on roads with a slight slope when we travel to or from Jerusalem (Jerusalem is located 800-900 meters above sea level).

7. I totally agree but:
    My issue was found by my local dealer during first oil service. On behalf of me local dealer claimed my issue. Meantime there was adsurdly reply from Bologna that everything should be fine but there might be and software issue?WTF
    Since than(it was few weeks ago) my local dealer is still waiting for clarification and I have contacted them directly...
    My impression is that Ducati don't treat me seriously....that's my main concern.

8. I'm undersigning. I have exactly the same feeling.

9. I feel sorry for you guys
    ET do you have a contact name or number they can have

10. I wrote and sent all my details to Ducati customer service. Got from them two emails and two calls with a suggestion to contact a local dealer and our local dealer said that he depends on them...

11. This might sound stupid but a mate of mine once parked his car in a car mark in Blackpool, when he returned it wouldn't start so he called a local garage and they asked where he was, when he told them where he was and the make of car they told him to get help to push the car 50m down the road and try again, low and behold it started. Apparently the communication masts from a nearby police station interfere with the immobiliser on particular vehicles and that car park was a hot spot.
    Just a thought as yours is an odd fault could you be passing any strong radio signals?
    I'll go back to sleep now.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you, Birdie. This interesting idea that flashed through me, too. But I do not know of any cases when a motorcycle was so sensitive to react to antennas and their signals ...

13. Hi @Ruti,

I hope you manage to get your issue sorted. Plenty of helpful people on here - sorry that you're bike is experiencing issues and understandably frustrating. Keep us up to date with progress.

Cheers
    Rob.

14. LMGTFY

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. Hehe good one.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. I really need help with a broken motorcycle that cost me 137,000 shekels with all the local taxes, but somebody think that it is joke :(

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm not helping BUT in my opinion this is an issue with DUCATI ISRAEL and whoever you bought the bike from and not a UK centric users forum.

Despite you thinking we are not helping I have advised you to contact their importer. I have also advised you to contact Italy directly. I have even shown you how to Google for the information. No one here can fix whatever problem you seem to have. This is just a private users forum. We are not owned or run by Ducati.

I sincerely hope you get it sorted but you really need to talk to them rather than say that no one here is helping you.

18. Excuse me, but can I ask your private users for advice? I do this in addition to almost daily negotiations with the Israeli importer and numerous unsuccessful attempts to contact Ducati Italy, if you have not yet understood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information