1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please, Please Read This

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Advikaz, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Not yesterday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. no mate. For ‘insurance’ reasons

I’ve never agreed with not using them personally but what do I know

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Which is a shame. It’s great fun and mostly safer than the road.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Isn’t it something about being timed means different classification of insurance?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Here we are talking about this dreadful incident, when as Bradders says, a track day is way safer than riding fast on a road.
    Well, it should be......

6. FE always did.

7. Track days are a great way of improving your riding skills which is transferable to the road. And i'm not referring to speed here, but bike handling, understanding what to do if you brake late etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. In my opinion it is. You can account for morons but what you can't account for is a geniune accident and if you accept that risk then there's no problem.

9. Evening session at Cadwell, novice group. Get a bit of instruction and ride round for the pleasure of it. Build up steadily and enjoy riding to your own limits. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I feel the same.

Rex

11. FE use transponder at Almeria and it makes for a much better experience. You move up (or down) each morning depending if you have improved or not compared with others. No massive speed disparity.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I find that it's not just speed that causes issues. The modern stuff can flatter a low ability rider, giving them a decent lap time. They don't have great track awareness or appreciation for the situation around them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. This is a very interesting and I think insightful response. Traction control and cornering ABS allow people lean on the aid and correspondingly increase speed way above ability. I certainly am more respectful Of the power when riding my older bikes compared to today’s electric tamed rocket ships.

14. NL use them for euros also. The system works well IMO, but does take a day or so to shuffle people about. The danger is the system can get treated as Superpole for the first 1/2 day.

#74 Nelson, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Got a point, only checks on my bikes were for dbs! To be fair my first track day was a free for all at the Red Bull ring, it was stupid of me and was lucky to survive, since then have done level 1 and 2 California SBK school and Evo at Ducati and I think that no one should go one track without basic training and a certificate

• Like Like x 1
  16. Agree, in this day and age certification should be gained....circuits and companies should be made to prove the customers are able to perform in the appropriate group...one thing for sure if nobody acts someone will come down on the lot of them...just like the Japanese self policing the 186 mph before they were all told what was going to happen.

This has all come from the original post and nobody is forgetting the tragedy or insinuating anything this has evolved into a very useful chat ....everything possible including stricter scrutineering maybe should come in.

Reading some comments something along the lines of the anonymous crimestoppers should be available via an app so if someone is too slow or dangerous/reckless, simple reporting can take place and no it’s not grassing it’s keeping the house in order and possibly saving injury and it means a company official can sort it anonymously obviously it’s open to abuse but the possible problem rider can be monitored after a complaint and action taking if deemed appropriate.

17. We are all told at the briefing that poor or aggressive riding will be "black flagged" and if it occurs again the perpetrator will be sent home.
    Anyone actually complained about another rider?
    Anyone actually seen or know how that "policing" system works in practice?

18. Yes I complained about somebody in the advanced group at Croft with NL who was so far out of his depth it wasnt funny. He was moved to the novice group.

19. How about MOT style checks for trackbikes? No pre-check certificate no trackday?

20. Don’t be fooled things like Superbike school always make it safer. They have a specific way of riding that leaves the door open for dive bombers and encourage all track in and out to be used.

mom not suggesting it’s bad, it helped take me from a back market to a race winner in a year, just that it’s quite specific in style :)

IME do your first with some mates. Ride it like a fast road ride. Always look forward. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information