1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please, Please Read This

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Advikaz, Jun 21, 2020.

2. Get an acu license and you can

3. so why cant i without an ACU licence?

4. Not sure what your point is? Is it that having an acu means you should not be allowed on a trackday?

5. Too difficult box? So my question was that numpty track riders can’t just go in acu “racer” days potentially cos of the difference in speed and speed of thought...so why allow it the other way around ? Reasonable point

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If an ACU license holder can turn up to a public access track day, why can’t a member of the public roll up at an ACU license holder’s day ? Perfect question and the perfect answer, you really shouldn’t have punters turn up to ride in amongst racers. So why do they let racers turn up on a punter’s day. Answer, they shouldn’t, IMO of course. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. It’s not at all. And you never said your point, as normal ;) And they can, the test is easy and even the biggest numpty out there could pass it...

Which level is ok or or are none ok? What stops someone turning up with their DL and not using Acu one? Only way you could do that is to restrict licence type on trackdays. Many acu holders are new racers or don’t race, just hold the license. It’s easier than dragging a driving one around all the time.

You would need to cross reference licenses.

8. See above response to Mr Cryptic.

9. Lots of people have or have had an ACU licence but mainly do trackdays with the odd race thrown in. I had an ACU licence and raced a bit but I've only ever been fast group pace.

Having a national licence is a different kettle of fish.

10. Even Andy got it.....

11. Not a nice thing to say. Even Andy?

12. I had a national license. And as Andyb will no doubt jump in, it doesn’t mean much. I know people who have raced the IOM and would be lapped by the fast guys in a race on most tracks.
    Alas it’s never that simple. Road bike only days are the most safe way to remove racers (except `Redding and co have all been out on those in the last few weeks ;) )

13. :rolleyes:

14. I agree with you but the set up is somewhat contradictory...

15. Not really. Many racers start with trackdays so they should know the etiquette. The briefings make that clear too.

a newbie racer on a track day is no worse than a newbie trackdayer. A newbie track rider on a 1000cc would be in with the fastest guys out there on an acu day. It’s true it can still happen, but the hurdles are greater.

16. I wish my camping trips were that exciting!!!

17. So if I read this, https://www.acu.org.uk/Uploaded/1/Documents/2020 Licence Forms/2020-Road-Race-Notes-V2.pdf correctly, if you successfully complete the Competitor Training Course and the Basic rider assessment you can apply for a Novice or Intermediate Novice ACU license. 18 or over with a full UK motorcycle licence, you can hold an Inter Novice ACU licence that doesn’t mean you have any track racing experience at all but guess you can turn up at an ACU day ? That makes no sense, even to me (@andyb :D). To progress to Clubman you need obtain signatures from 10 separate meetings at least 3 different circuits in the current and 2 previous years. To progress to National, 10 more meetings in shorter time scale blah, blah, blah. So a National ACU licence holder should be a competent racer (no protestations @bradders, I’ve seen you ride :upyeah:) This has taken me forever to research and type so I apologise my post is behind the curve. It now makes even less sense to me and just reinforces my decision to stick to BBS Eurotracks days and ride with people that I know I can or people I should not be on track with at the same time. Just as a postscript, I have shared track time with Josh Brookes and Brock Parkes (FE, Almeria) and Jenny Tinmouth and a couple of Scandinavian superstock 600 riders (FE, Brands Hatch) so I have experience of the issues. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. There are always a few exceptions to the rule but we are talking the majority.

19. If you haven’t seen it watch it, funny but so so wrong in places!

20. Depends what you are racing really. But yes, there are.

My point was you can’t trust the license categories as they aren’t really a model of speed or competence, more one of having done a few races.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information