1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Plug In Battery Chargers

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by chase, May 31, 2017.

1. Hi All ,
    I need a replacement charger , plug in and leave if poss .
    Its to keep the battery maintained and topped up .
    Ideally it would cover all battery types .
    Currently a Moto Batt is fitted .
    What suggestions/recommendations do any of you have ?
    Any advice appreciated .
    I forgot to mention the previous one got dropped on the floor and gave up !

2. You need to read the limitations of the battery before deciding on a single solution charger. My aftermarket Shido LiPO doesn't like being maintained nor does it like a constant steady drain like an alarm or tracker so it comes out of the track bike when not in use. Past posts seem to indicate that the glass mat acid battery is preferred as it delivers a higher cranking current than the std lead acid and you can leave it on a maintainer. That said, with the exception of the Shido, I have used the Ducati branded charger for 3 years on my Multistrada and my girlfriend's Diavel and so far no issue. My 1098R has a C-Tech because it came with one and that has been fine so far as well. Andy

#2 Android853sp, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I run one from Lidl/Aldi modified to work with an Optimate fly lead. Cost under £15.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I use Demon Tweaks cheapo ones also about £15 - one of these has kept my R1 battery alive for 6 years and it was already on the bike when I bought it.
    Also use optimate but unless you need the test and recovery mode a cheaper one will suffice.
    Some people say they fook your batteries but not in my experience.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information