1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Obs...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andyb, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Plumbing is my other job lol

2. So what conclusion are you drawing here? All Mercedes drivers should not be on the road? Could she have been Lacking in Confidence. ? Presume from your story -unsaid-but there was actually reasonable room to move over?

All traits that I have/ can be witnessed in Young recently qualified drivers faced with emergency vehicles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Reasonable point I had overlooked - thanks.

C6EEF8FA-BFE2-49DC-B7CE-7B352ADCDCD3.png
    :)
    is it documented in police procedure then that all reported injuries in vehicle accidents are fully/seriously investigated and/with a View to some driving misdemeanour being laid at the door of the responsible party?

Do you have any knowledge of what ratio of such incidents have a successful charge brought?

5. Against royalty? None :)

6. Still too small whether integers or percentages ..

DAF96E4D-97E1-4C32-BFEC-8A46CCBBBF5C.jpeg
    DAF96E4D-97E1-4C32-BFEC-8A46CCBBBF5C.jpeg

7. Que!
    Moi?

0D491CF5-6689-4362-8CAA-2E1945C32360.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think that every force has its own policy in relation to the investigation of serious collisions but where injuries or cases of dangerous driving are involved then prosecution is an option as are driver improvement schemes or a form of restorative justice where the victims are offered the chance of meeting the offender.
    My understanding is that prosecution is a last resort but the offender has to accept they were in the wrong or made a mistake.

My ‘ source ‘ used to be a traffic cop but he got himself promoted and spends his time browsing male grooming products and flexing his pecs in the control room instead of being an occasional tv star on interceptors !

Don’t know any stats re the prosecution ratio unfortunately.

9. Andyb?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wrong end of the country and a crash helmet would spoil his hair.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. There's 2 of them then :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. traffic cop............tssssshhht!

working on a far higher plain!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. So to be clear then, taking it back to your original post where you said it was serious and would get an Investigation , if Norfolk police don’t have that policy then it may not , and therefore we won’t know if an offence has been committed and if any follow up action is instigated.

I’m just trying to get my head round it, not being argumentative.

14. The conclusion was that she wasnt even aware we were there.
    My conclusion was as she didnt even know we were there, she drove at 15mph and we eventually got past her without even a sideways glance at us, so in my view she should not have been on the road and in fact we passed her number to traffic.

15. I know that Durham police will investigate fully all serious injury road traffic collisions and I would doubt Norfolk have a different policy given the service level expected and the claims culture we live in.
    Here’s some light reading from the college of policing !
    https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-content/road-policing-2/investigating-road-deaths/

https://assets.publishing.service.g...rted-road-casualties-gb-notes-definitions.pdf

16. what injuries occurred then in this recent collision?

17. It's reported one of the women had a broken wrist.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information