1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Obs...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andyb, Jan 18, 2019.

1. if they weren't public he could be pissed too....

2. And while we are sideswiped by HRH the Brexit deal has gone through, you missed it :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. The reports in the news talking about speed limits, youngsters etc is all about distracting attention away from the fact that the old git pulled out onto a main road, in the full knowledge that he didn’t know if it was safe to do so or not.

How likely is it that two women with a toddler in the back were speeding?

If they were, what’s they got to do with pulling out while not being able to see if the road was clear or not? 60mph or 75mph makes no difference to the decision to pull out or not, IF he had seen them coming

• Agree Agree x 2

4. I agree apart from women with toddlers speeding they are the worst drivers around here for lack of concentration and speeding

5. Yeah.........an' stop going about pensioners driving cars and ve-hick-uls.....

....I'm a bl**dy pensioner and I could still give some of you a hiding round the track given the right bike - a stock Harley isn't much good for that sort of thing (unless you were all riding NSU Quicklys)

And I could still pass my car driving test.

Just call them 'really old people'.

6. And round here, Viv - in narrow country lanes at the National Speed Limit where there are horses, crap, mud and tractors - plus Eastern Europeans who work at a food factory - over half their cars aren't taxed or insured; they drive like idiots, drink alcohol while driving and lob the empties out wherever they feel like it.........Plod does nothing about it.

7. yeah...does nothing about it!:thinkingface:

8. You tell them Al, calling you old, disgusting.

9. They don't Andy - they had speed monitors out this way for a while and asked for registration numbers - they got what they asked for - about 23 numbers, 16 were not taxed or insured and most still aren't.

The monitors clocked some cars at over 70mph. The only time they catch the drinkers is in the main town.

I haven't seen any police out this way for over 5 years (if not longer than that) - apart from the helicopter up a couple of times.

10. Yeah.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. me too......out in the villages you would be very unlucky to get caught. Still Theresa is on the case its never been better!

12. I just had a near miss dropped my daughter off, approached the junction and a transit van came off the adjoining road into the road on my side luckily I hadn’t quite reached the junction otherwise I wouldn’t be telling you this story
    I stopped as I saw him he had no lights on and he then swerved over the other side of road and up the pavement when I eventually saw me
    I did go back down the road to see if I could find him
    I saw a van and a dark haired young lad came out of a house and walked past the van looking at me
    I’m just not sure it was the right van I think it was the lad though

13. Bloody whitevan drivers:blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You eventually saw you? :eyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. What am I like eh I thought I could be in two places at once :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thats the moderator coming out in you...

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Ffs you’re not one of that lot are you?! Standing at the roadside pretending to be gun-cops?!

18. Nah, definitely not - they had fitted 'static speed monitors' on various buildings along the roads and someone photographed the vehicles.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information