1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Poor Running Below 4000rpm And Bad Starting Idle

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by laava, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Bugger...

2. Damn....I was hoping you had it sorted out. One of the reasons I haven't brought mine in yet is the fear that it could get worse!

3. I will revert back to your original post, had it serviced as you state. Poor running below 4K and bad idle/starting. lets begin from there. It clearly has something to do with that. fact. Poor starting is first call the battery. Have you replaced this? If yes then let's move on to another factor.
    Fuel pump/fuel filter, has is been replaced? if not then something to consider.
    What got replaced in your service? Plugs? are they ok and correct?
    Exhaust valve, is it fitted and working correctly? if so then move on.
    Where the belts changed? Or the Desmo done? if no then ignore.
    if these parameters have not changed then I suggest a wiring fault in the main loom is causing your running issues.
    As no other fault codes are being logged as you say.

4. QUOTE="PeterT, post: 1386849, member: 23972I will revert back to your original post, had it serviced as you state. Poor running below 4K and bad idle/starting. lets begin from there. It clearly has something to do with that. fact. Poor starting is first call the battery. Have you replaced this? If yes then let's move on to another factor.
    Yes the battery has been changed out several times with no change. It turns the bike over and starts it, no probs there!
    Fuel pump/fuel filter, has is been replaced? if not then something to consider.
    Yes the tank has been flushed twice and has had new flilter.
    What got replaced in your service? Plugs? are they ok and correct?
    New spark plugs, then they were replaced again.
    Exhaust valve, is it fitted and working correctly? if so then move on.
    Had a ducee fitted, now back to original. No change.
    Where the belts changed? Or the Desmo done? if no then ignore.
    Yes the belts were done and they have been rechecked. They only had one exhaust shim to adjust.
    if these parameters have not changed then I suggest a wiring fault in the main loom is causing your running issues.
    As no other fault codes are being logged as you say.QUOTE

5. Funnily enough, a fault in the wiring loom would show up logged as a fault is my understanding. I have had these discussions with the mech and another Ducati Dyno expert.
    Everyone says it is an electronics thing, but it is being very mysterious. They tested it for two weeks and it ran flawlessly, then they changed the battery, the suspension did an auto recalibration unprompted and it was back to running shit. Previously the auto adaptive reset fixed everything, now it has no effect it seems...

6. I had nearly the same issue.. you need to check the horizontal plug cable - it can get a bad corrosion with time, the new parts is different like the original. For me its solved all of this problems.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Just to be clear, we are talking about the spark plug cables? Both of them?

8. He means the front coil pack - change for the later part.

9. Part No.:
    67110671E

you can google it ;)

10. Thanks SuperMo will look into...

11. keep us update

• Like Like x 1
  12. A lot of running issues as described can be due to air mass sensor/pressure sensor malfunctions which defeat back to overly rich fuelling. If one fails, change both as the other will possibly fail soon afterwards.

13. Sensor fault isnt drop any error code?

14. All sensors have been tested several times and all have been ok. The air temp sensor has been swapped out for a good one with no change. The map sensors in the airbox are extremely troublesome to remove so haven't been swapped out to compare but have both passed testing. The airbox is a huge project to remove on these bikes and you have to remove it in one piece to access throttle bodies and map sensors along with all their plug connections... but again, they all test up ok with no faults thrown.

15. It’s been to a dealer and it was fine when it left.

Wtf is the dealer doing?! I assume you paid for this bollocks not to be fixed?!

Big issue these days: all ‘technicians’ and no one who can actually diagnose and fix anything!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. It was january when the service was done. It has spent a lot of time at the shop since then and they are still flummoxed...

17. MAP sensors are not in the airbox, both are easy to remove and check, my thoughts are still one of those.

18. DVT is VERY different from what you are showing. Throttle bodies as well as map sensors are in the airbox which needs to be removed from the bike before they can be replaced.

19. IMG_1473.PNG
    That loom, part 11, plugs into 2x tps and 2x injectors within the airbox. The two map sensors are screwwed into the bottom of the airbox and then connected by hose to the manifolds. It is extremely fiddly trying to do anything relating to them and cannot imagine how they could be detached without removing the airbox. The airbox cannot be opened without removing from bike.

#60 laava, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information