1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Poor Running Below 4000rpm And Bad Starting Idle

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by laava, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Gotcha just looked, although only the airbox cover needs to be removed to access them, so a pain but not impossible.

2. Sorry I was abit slow editing, but no, can't remove lid with airbox in bike. The workshop manual goes into detail about how to assemble prior to fitting or/disassemble after removing the airbox.
    I was shitting myself that I may need to replace throttle bodies, cos I priced them! It is not even a good financial descision!

3. I see now, when I post it does not show the relevant pages....Doh!!! got to figure out how to do that?

4. VALVE AISS???

5. yes, I had a problem with a valve that takes in the exit of the cylinder that is called AIIS ¿¿??, which is used to inject cold air into the smoke outlet to lower the CO2, to me it stayed closed, they thought that it could be the valve of the exhaust then the cylinder sensors and after two months, it was one of the two AISS ¿¿?? valves, the failure that reproduced, was the erratic relenti sometimes, and at certain moments of the acceleration, it seemed that no current came to the spark plug and it was like drowned, then after a few seconds, accelerate normally again. It was very difficult to find the fault, because it is not constant

6. Ok thanks Chuki, I will research but I have a feeling this is only for north american models...

edit...I see the unit you mean on the parts fische at ducatiomaha. Will talk to the bike shop when I contact them next. Yesterdays phone call was to inform me that they are replacing all sensors with ones from a shop bike, then will do the AAP reset and if that fixes it, they will refit original sensors till they fine which one...seems a long way round but it seems that the DDS is pretty useless at diagnosing anything so back to the old tried and true...

#70 laava, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  7. Was the offending valve the electronic one up by the airbox or the mechanical ones bolted to the valve covers?

Thanks,
    Warren

8. So I disconnected the Secondary Air system hoses at the valve on the side of the airbox and plugged the open connections. I took her for a ride but the stumbling power delivery with quick throttle opening still existed. Also now with the hoses capped off it would not idle at a constant RPM and it would sometimes stall. Back to the drawing board.....

9. I'M SORRY, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND OF MECHANICS, ONLY THE SYMPTOMS AND HOW THEY CORRECTED THEM

10. Right, so I picked up my bike today and rode it 160km home. It ran sweet as the whole way and I would say it has been fixed. Started nice and ran nice.
    The cure?
    You guys were all right, it was out by one tooth on the vertical inlet cam variator. Here's where it all goes freaky tho, the auto adaptive senses something is wrong and makes an adjustment, probably making it worse, and then it starts to run weirdly, doing things that would lead you to believe the problem is not a simple mechanical anomaly.
    Now,I do not know how this actually ended up being out, and I know they went in and rechecked it firstoff, but the mech is a bit embarrassed and apologised profusely. He thanked me for being patient, which was really nice and he has been completely honest about everything right the way thru. Had it turned out to be something not of their fault, which could have been possible, I would have had to cough up I guess? So, good for me but they spent an awful lot of time trying to resolve this.
    This company was recommended to me and others by the NZDOC facebook page, who speak very highly of him and my frustration aside, I can see why.
    Glad it is fixed, going for a midwinter ride tomorrow! Apparently is is only going to be 13-14 degrees C! Brrrrr!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Glad its resolved...

How about all the costs of the investigation with other dealers... who covered that cost?

12. He covered all costs. He has a great working relationship with another Ducati dealership, just not the one in his town...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well apart for the lost time - you cant fault him..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Whoa, 5 months this rumbled on for. You have some patience. Good that it is fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IMG_0875.JPG Lucky for me I have another bike! Another Ducati that is 16yrs old and requires lotsa attn!

16. Glad your issue is resolved

Enjoy the bike to it’s full potential again :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information