1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popped My Ducati Cherry With An 848 Evo

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Helen, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Hi, new to this forum but just wanted to touch base with you and gain some advice after purchasing an 848 Evo.

I haven’t owned a bike for many years (I used to have a Yamaha RD350 LC), but after many years dreaming of a Ducati, I finally treated myself last week

I took it out on Saturday and loved riding it, but my only concern is the mirrors, as I don’t have much view of anything behind me

Please go easy on me if I’m saying something that just goes with the territory of owning a Ducati, but can you offer me any advice of other mirrors I can use without messing about too much with the bike?

thanks in advance!

1304A848-3FD2-4183-AD0B-63B483BA1894.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Hi and welcome to the forum. They used to make mirror extenders for the 848/1198 bikes. They push the mirrors out another couple of inches so might help. I think IIRC was the vibration through the mirrors made them pretty much useless anyway. The DP mirrors, although a tad smaller, vibrated a lot less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you for your response. Just to clarify… are you saying the extenders were a waste of time trying to source, because of the vibrations not keeping the mirrors in position?

#3 Helen, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2022
  4. Welcome.
    Ditch the pillion seat and fit a cover. Consign the pillion pegs to the spares box.

5. Welcome. You just have to learn the chicken dance, not that it’ll make much difference as Ian rightly said they vibrate like a bastard on the 848.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I’ll take that on board

7. Hi Helen, Iv only had the 848 a short while but have adjusted my mirrors so I can lift my arm slightly and see under my armpit, get a good view of behind and the curve of the mirror covers the blindspot to the side, as others have said ditch the pillion seat..

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Greetings!

BTW - Glace or Maraschino?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. The Chicken Dance ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Appreciate that thanks for the top tip Terry… I had no idea how much the pillion seat was seen as a ‘no-no!’

#10 Helen, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2022
  11. I had the evo corse a few years back.

think I stuck the extenders on it which helped a bit but yes monkey arms movement helps

E6756357-825F-471D-8855-A9E337A24068.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. I now have bar end mirrors on the 996 in my avatar. The originals were like floppy basset ears. As a result, I briefly became the target of much ridicule, but they actually work.

By accident I purchased a spare pair which you are welcome to have at cost, just don't tell anyone on the forum o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. welcome dudette :blush:

cracking bike the 848 evo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I can't believe anyone would want to perch up there so the pillion seat is kind of useless, bike looks better without anyway, they are quirky bikes, the clutch is a bit heavy which can be fixed but beautiful bikes..
    IMG_2394.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. You’d have to find somewhere for them. It’s unlikely to be beyond most people.

17. Harsh!!!

18. ‘Dudette’

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information