1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popped My Ducati Cherry With An 848 Evo

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Helen, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Another 40 pages to go yet :rolleyes:

;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brilliant :blush:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. we leave that to the men :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. So do some of the meerkats on here. apparently....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not sure what I think of modern Ducatis yet. Have always had Ducatis around. Sebrings and Dianas in the 70's, Pantah's et al in the 80's

7. Just make sure you have a good helmet. When I eventually found the Shoei Xspirit I was releived, turning your head at 100mph wasn't such a deal after all?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. relaxx

9. Tbh Sev, you’ve put up more posts about this than anyone here, some of us were just answering the lady’s question!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Looks like we've turned the corner with #post 95, just make sure you got a good helmet.;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Hi and welcome too the forum great place to learn about your bike ,I had a 848 evo great bike Mirrors had to move elbows ,I removed mine and went for the mirrors on the handlebars was much better. original_file_lock.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. Welcome. Lovely looking bike :upyeah:

14. Hi Helen
    I know i'm late to this post, but as a 6'2" 848 (non evo) owner i found the stock mirrors to be dire. I took them off and fitted Oberon bar end round mirrors - really small diameter glass but they dont vibrate and you can actually see stuff in them.
    I put a pair of self adhesive flat LED indicators / resistors where the mirrors were (to cover the holes of the mirror and to provide a flashing indicator light for MOT / arses in cars).
    Cheers
    Kevin

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. 005B952E-81D6-4238-8BE8-DBCCC690AF15.jpeg 7D13D6D6-5503-4A29-B1F4-A1B808515CBE.jpeg FA64B125-C969-426A-9BCD-2A6E7C936D20.jpeg
    Welcome Helen. Great bike.
    I too had problems with the stock mirrors on my 1098 so have fitted Oberon Mirror Extenders. I see there's a pair going new on eBay for £79.99. Here's the link:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22196008...2wOLsBRPS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL
    They really do make a big difference but I can imagine the vibes on an 848 might put you off extending yours. Those vibes are higher up the rev range on the 1098 and are not half as prominent. It's your choice. Here's a few pics of mine fitted with the extenders. Regards. Rich.

16. Welcome Helen, I've a standard 848 - and love it, I don't stress over the mirrors and canna be bothered to throw money at fittng non-standard items. You'll get used to riding with a limited rear view and doing more life checks! Enjoy.

17. Congrats I have a v2 and my mate 1299 we both replaced with rizoma doesn't quite problem. Mirrors are on fairing not well supported so vibrate so u can’t much . All aftermarket mirrors have same prob best solution is to fit bar end mirrors but may not look too good

18. yeah, they do look a bit ugly and I’m getting more used to the mirrors being out on it more regularly. All tips from previous responses were carried out, so I can now do the chicken dance to compensate!!

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information