1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"popping Up" Under Breaking

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 23, 2018.

1. I sit up under braking purely because it seems the most natural position to be in doing so. Plus I can then more easily transfer my body position. On the pani for instance, should i remain tucked in I'd be cramped and less able to freely shift my weight. Staying rigidly tucked in at all times is probably why creamy is so slow everywhere. Mentally included. Being relaxed, smooth and free flowing works for me to be quick. Which is why everyone knows Im faster than creamy.

When tucked in my elbows would be in no position to transfer the weight to my shoulders under braking. Plus on the pani my nuts would slide up the tank and my crash hat would bop the screen.

Theres a small element of air braking for racers, I doubt its impact on the road, but on the track every smidgeon helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The aerospace industry surely needs to hear about this minimal contribution all the flaps are making on aircraft. They'd save a fortune. Just throttle off, controls forwards and coast to a stop. This is going to revolutionise air travel and I can see some serious cost savings ahead

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ok, next subject:-

Feet down at traffic lights- why bother??

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Creamy can use his stabilisers, so he is ok.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Did trials at a kid, I often see how long i can balance.

6. OK, so if sitting up makes SUCH A MASSIVE BRAKING DIFFERENCE why do the racers only sit up a small amount? Why not sit high and make themselves bigger????

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. OK, this makes sense, you were doing so well to the drugs kicked in and the ramblings started.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I do that now on my pushbike... 53 going on 12, ha ha...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I still get some lucid moments.

I still approach lights etc without putting my feet down. I'm pretty good at it, as are most I guess. If you have shit balance, them bikes are probably not for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lighter bike, bigger brakes, higher corner entry/exit speed?

11. I admit to locking my elbows with straight arms under heavy braking and gripping with my knees enough to crack hazlenuts. Prob not good technique, but impossible when tucked in. I use the final bit of braking to use the forces to slide forward a teensy bit, relax and bend elbows and smoothly move over on seat via pressure on offside peg to place pressure on nearside peg to turn. With a touch of counter steer. If going like stink, then you need to move a lot on the pani to make it turn faster. The 1198 didnt need that impetus so much as it was a slower steering barge. The Pani turns much faster but needs your body to move with it, otherwise it seems to me to understeer.

12. Which is what I do and I suspect 99% of riders. But it makes it harder to brace yourself I'm thinking.

Look at a rugby scrum, they get as low and flat as possible to make it easier to hold/push/brace.

13. Why not just roll the windows down and get everyone to stick their arms out?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. But a rugby scrum isnt approaching a corner at >100mph. They get low to push forward with their feet. ( I used to play 'hooker' at school) whilst I hook the ball whilst accidently kneeing my oppo.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ok, so sit right up, hands off the bars and fall off - see how slow you stop then :thinkingface:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. That’s two experiments, may be even three, that have been suggested.

Don't fancy the chances of that blade making it back tomorrow....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. And it's AC's now too :eyes: hope plenty are filming the results :thinkingface:

18. Really hope Ryanair bosses don't read this page.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Who? I've googled them and still no wiser.

• WTF WTF x 1
  20. I always fan my legs out when hard braking (feet still on the pegs). Not sure why, just have aways done it. Probably does nothing for braking but does give my balls a chance to get some air, can hold off a shower for another day or two this way.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information