1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"popping Up" Under Breaking

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Creamy.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. If you suffer from balls on tank syndrome, a good solution is getting into position early (while still on the gas) so when you brake your inner thing can act as a brace. Also makes the leg dangle easily accessible :motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Another aspect to be aware of I guess, is that when you pop out of the crouched position into the wind, it helps give you that 'feel' of your actual velocity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. another useful post. :upyeah:

5. Is brad suggesting we use our todger to brace against the tank? With my appendage I could do the dr's dangle.

6. Which was stated earlier...

Soon this will be more circular than the trump and Brexit threads o_O:dizzy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Less painful than the veg :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. must have missed it in the one sided rantings at me.

• Funny Funny x 1

9. I'm looking forward to the "leg dangle" debate you'll be starting after this thread....:bucktooth:....incommmmminnnng...:punch::punch:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. http://canadamotoguide.com/2016/05/04/motorcycle-aerodynamics/

On a bike, once you go over about 30 km/h, air pressure starts to dominate proceedings. Air pressure rises to the cube of speed, meaning that for every kilometer per hour, the corresponding air resistance increases by a multiple of 3,

It doesn’t take long before this quickly adds up to consume all of a motorcycle’s power, so much so that at a mere 100 km/h, 80% of a motorcycle’s energy is spent just overcoming air resistance. While that’s largely the same for any vehicle, including cars or planes, they are mercifully smooth, enclosed shapes. The motorcycle on the other hand, is a collection of random engineered parts and a human body which together form a shape almost perfectly suited to disrupt smooth air flow.

Mmmm, that's a lot of braking from 300kph :thinkingface:

11. And there was me think exasperation was disguised well PMSL

Love a biking thread matey, keep it up!!

12. Sure it'll slow a rider but not much compared to the braking force of Brembo.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Love your tenacity George and as Paul said, this is more interesting than reading @Brexit @Corbyn @May @politics (moo) :beer:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I've emailed MCN, 44Teeth and LifeAtLean.

:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1

15. Have you tried hanging off yet per-chance :bucktooth:

10984048_10152717065473525_843-54f516d8206fc (1).jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Oh :poop:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  17. Yeah, you're worried now, stop bullying the brainy kid with the big idea!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Creamy Dunce.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information