1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"popping Up" Under Breaking

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Good luck braking hard with your chin on the tank haha

• Like Like x 1
  2. ....................:eyes:

3. Bully :bucktooth:

4. o_O

5. I'll concede braking in full tuck may not be a winner due to the inability to brace yourself and turn in may be effected by reduced vision.

I'm not having that sitting your head above the screen is going to make difference in slowing down which most people think is the main point.

The original question was "whats the point in popping up?" Most seem to think it's to slow the bike due to wind resistance. I don't think that's right.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. See post #2 :bucktooth:

7. And read this again...

On a bike, once you go over about 30 km/h, air pressure starts to dominate proceedings. Air pressure rises to the cube of speed, meaning that for every kilometer per hour, the corresponding air resistance increases by a multiple of 3,

It doesn’t take long before this quickly adds up to consume all of a motorcycle’s power, so much so that at a mere 100 km/h, 80% of a motorcycle’s energy is spent just overcoming air resistance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Obviously aerodynamics are important to speed, look at any land speed record. But that's not braking is it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I hear maclaren technical director has found this thread and pulled the 80m budget on aerodynamics now it’s been discovered that wind resistance doesn’t slow you down after all

Good news all round

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. No, your fist point was slowing down.

11. Yeah. he's giving all his drivers a glove with the webbed fingers so they can just hold their hand up out the cockpit to slow down.........:rolleyes:

12. Webbed fingers? Just employ Yorkshiremen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Think you’re on to something. Why do people roll off the gas? I mean brembo do a better job of slowing down and you only have to open gas again anyway :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fenati should've just pinched Manzi's butt to make him sit up. Been more effective.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Is it so wrong to question the "why" to the way we ride? To watch, learn and question?

What I've taken from this thread is that I'll stay lower under braking with my forearms flatter.

You may take the piss but i'm just trying to improve.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Priceless! Thanks C_R, you win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. You are aware that they stop with MASSIVE drag from parachutes, they don't just stick their heads out the window?

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Who'd have guessed the Ducati forum would be so closed minded :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information