1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche 911 Rip

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by HyperMac, Aug 5, 2019.

1. When I watch video's like this, I think the 911 is still alive and kicking. Would love a GT3, with manual gear change.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gt3's are cheaper than a well spec'd Turbo, only difference is you can just waltz into Porsche and order a Turbo. You cant with any of the GT's you have to be picked.
    Mate 25k is bottom half of 997 CS money.
    I don't know the specific specs or plate but that car was probably minimum 115k, maybe 4 years old.
    2 year old Gt3's can be had for 100k now, admittedly pov spec.
    Tooled up ones for 120k and that'll be a gen 2 991.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks.
    I’d love a new shape GT3 but I’d have to have slapped another £45-50k on the job for the spec I want. Too much of a stretch for me right now.
    Nearly bought an AMG GTS but switched to this last minute....

• Like Like x 3
  4. we are waiting Minger.........

5. Close thread...:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. What for?

7. once all the bravado and hero stuff has died down i dont believe you would want to be with a gt3 on an everyday basis... the turbo s is the much better option day to day... obviously if you could morf it to a track of my choice when i wanted, id go with the gt3, but you would soon get sick of the heat noise and ride getting it there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gt3 Touring.
    The perfect hybrid between track and road.
    But I think anyone would struggle to find a better looking car for the money than a 911 Turbo.
    My opinion is irrelivent I can't afford either.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I do love the GTS's but I think this is a much better car, and must be a good amount quicker I'd have thought? Desperate to be back in a 911.

100% agree mate, but I'd still buy the GT3 because I couldn't live with myself if I passed up the opportunity on one! Silver wheels, manual, purple, best car ever!!

10. Manual ... so old school and out of date .. PDK just as involving and far smoother and intuitive than your average Porsche driver

why have a typewriter when you can have a Mac book pro

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I prefer manual, and history shows they have the better residuals in most performance cars where both were offered.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You don’t have a choice do you in the latest 911?. There’s a lady shave where the gear stick used to be. :yum

055DB738-6CA3-4C00-BCC4-3E2EF3CF423E.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Not any more. It’s widely accepted that PDK (and other double clutch brands) are the way forward- quite literally.
    The dewy eyed nostalgia over manual will remain but it’s getting a bit yesteryear regards modern sporty stuff.

14. I think you are confusing the shoit slushy automatics with the double clutch stuff ... worlds apart!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I do get your point about moving on with tech, however there is something I like about "feeling" the gears engage and the clutch biting, being in total control.... I know i'm talking junk, explains why I dont have a modern bike! However when it comes to bikes I'm sure my opinion will change!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I agree the likes of PDK and DCT are better all round, but I still prefer a manual box in something sporty.
    I'm willing to sacrifice a few tenths of a second to 60 for a fun experience compared to a perfect one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. But there was never anything wrong with a pencil if it’s in the right hands

18. Uh oh, here we go... PDK v Manual... :rolleyes:

Truth is there is no ‘correct’ answer. Get whatever you like :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Agreed

#80 andyb, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information