1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche 911 Rip

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by HyperMac, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Blimey. That does sound 'involving' alright.... :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mine ready to be fitted when garage done...both the paddle conversion & rest of the aero kit

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've got a manual 991.2 and I love it. Never really been taken with the PDK thing. I did try and had an Audi S4 with flappy paddles two cars ago, just couldn't love it so I bought a 997.2 manual. Perhaps @andyb could try and change my mind as I've booked an Experience Day for 18th April and apparently they only have PDK 911's available (in 992 guise).

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cool. It makes a big difference. There’s a bit of a knack to it and the ÉCU also seems to read brake pressure, so sometimes won’t change down if you’re not braking, but when you are braking and changing down, it seems to give you a bit of a gap between gears in which you can blip the throttle. It isn’t a big gap though, so it takes a while to get your timing right. The gear change speed is nowhere near as quick as a PDK box but is probably comparable to and perhaps a little quicker than with a traditional manual.

#104 Zhed46, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TBH mine is very much used as occasional country drive.

For the moment ;)

6. I’ve done the conversion on my 997 C4S. Installed a 991 paddle steering wheel. Feels better than the button arrangement. I did read somewhere that you can have a gearbox solenoid upgrade that makes the Tiptronic quicker at changing gear. It’s not as good as PDK though.

B58EED00-88CB-4510-B896-D410FB6BF8E2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Old skool for me with a few but not a lot of driver aids

IMG_20190826_1459239~2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 2
  8. Better add a picture as that seems to be the done thing

1920x1080.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  9. That looks fab! :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cheers just need to drive it more!

11. Spring and summer round the corner :upyeah:

12. Will you feckers stop posting photos of lovely 911's, i was looking at Cayman's, now thinking of selling another bike to stretch to a 911, can you put a thread on ignore ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Mine has very few as its got an ABS and TC light on! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. 911 996 (the best ;) ) cheap enough to buy mate...decent one for the price of a used panigale ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. New 992 turbo....
    Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 17.33.57.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. well if we are posting pics...
    2D4AA630-339C-42C5-AE87-7B7D21F63CEB_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Is that the S? Or turbo with PCCB? Looks a little fat bugger. I'm sure it shifts though. How many gazillion hp?

18. 660....ish!

19. I have been looking for a few months now and pdk is a must have and if i am being really honest i much prefer the later interiors, if my 1299 sells i will go and test drive a few, looking at 20k budget at the moment, the biggest problem i have is convincing the Mrs i want a tin roof, budget would increase if she could have a soft top :astonished:, funny how things go from my car to our car.

20. Like the wheels. Paint looks good nick too. Do you ever use the rear wiper? I've always prefered the cleaner looking delete option. I'm sure it comes in handy though :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information