1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche Prices !!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by farmster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Oh yes. They were doing about 600k overs when they came out a couple of years back. You'll be pleased to know that the muppets that paid that have lost shitloads as they're down to a paltry 350-400k now...

2. :eek:

3. The prices went mental because they were expected to be the last manual GT3 911. As it turns out Porsche have now released a manual again, albeit they are calling it a 'touring' model which is kind of odd.
    The Porsche Cup Car GT3 are only PDK (mega fast auto box with paddles) and it's proven faster so I guess there's some logic but personally I'd call the manual the 'more fun on a race track' model :)

#123 Monners, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  4. Cool ! .... a porsche thread, I am not alone :laughing:

currently have 991 C4S, my first PDK porsche of quite a few and i'm well impressed. Not quite as hooligan as a manual but the sport button comes in handy.....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Want one. Can’t afford nor justify. Beginning to wonder what kind of man I really am....: unamused:

6. if you need a front indicator possibly...... :astonished::p:joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Look at some 997.1 cars.

One is registered Sept 05 with 50k on the clock.

The other is registered Aug 06 with 42k on the clock.

Very comparable specification and price.

Being a novice I would expect the later, lower mileage car to be the better value but should I be considering condition over age and mileage when looking at values?

8. links?

9. links?

10. Some, not all, but some of the 54 plate and 05 plate cars had early model issues, I'd go with the 06 :upyeah:

11. Owned my 997 GTS from new in 2011 and still love driving it.

0140FF53-718E-4B96-8203-117EA8598535.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. The 55 plate car is a MY06 and has the revised larger IMS bearing

13. The 996 seems to be coming into its moment lately. The fried egg front lights used to put people off but now the prices seem to have jumped massively. I’ve heard quite a few people say they were the last pure drivers Porsche since the 997 has creature comforts and some TC. Personally I went for the 997 as I think the balance is right and it feels a bit less dated but I can see why people would choose the 996 a bit more now, and the fried egg lights are growing on me.

14. thats what they all say..... but i can assure you thats rubbish!

PDK way more fun, gets rid of the rough gear change most are only capable of, and is a far quicker gear change that only gets quicker in sport +....drive them back to back you'll change.:bucktooth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information