1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche Prices !!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by farmster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. I get the manual thing but I’d always choose PDK when speccing a modern 911. Infinitely superior than manual.
    A lot of dewy eyed nostalgist’s went with manual with the new 991.2 GT3. Nutters.

2. Just put a deposit on a nice c2s with RSJ

Anyone had any dealings with them?

3. No. But they definitely come across as one of the top dealers shifting quality stuff.
    Enjoy the C2S!! Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Opinions vary !! :cool:

5. True. But in the words of Jeremy Clarkson- there’s my way, and the wrong way

6. depends how and what you are basing your opinion on....;)

7. No it does not, its just an opinion and so can be based on fuck all IMO :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. are you easily led?:bucktooth:

i agree that opinions are like belly buttons... i dont believe you wouldn't base your opinion on what you here see and feel....

9. Ahh, thats just your opinion :upyeah:

10. A friend has hopefully managed to bag a new GT3 next year which will no doubt be PDK so with any luck we'll get to do just that :) I hired a new Cayman GTS with PDK for a day at The Ring a few months back and it was very impressive but ultimately didn't excite me enough. I'm sure the GT3 with PDK would be a different kettle of fish though.

11. I have been watching this thread with interest. Since I started instructing in Porsches at Spa and the Nurburgring some 8 years ago I have driven many on track and on the road. Many variants of the brand have been my office with people ranging from the totally non petrol geek type to the other end of the spectrum being racers who want to find a few seconds on tracks they know very well.
    One thing people are missing with the talk of gt3's and pdk boxes is that the introduction of the 991 bought may different things to the flagship sports Porsche. Totally new chassis, big power hike, pdk box, 4 wheel steering to mention a few of the main things. With the 996/997 gt3 or rs, no one that I ever instructed with said that it was a great car but lacked a pdk box! Why? Because it was never there is the answer! Now most new production cars run some form of pdk, dsg, dct or whatever else the specific manufacturer wants to call it, people have become accustomed to the use of such devices. There is nothing wrong with pdk (except for when the gearbox fails) but on track they do make it easier for people to drive the car to the limit without having to think about the consequences of a miss-shift or changing at the wrong time when the cars stability is at it's most vulnerable. Personally give me a 997 over a 991 anyday. So much more of a drivers car as you are in control of the car in so many more ways than with the pdk. Don't get me wrong the 991 is a very effective weapon and one that is a great car on track or road. As re Royals comment about the caymen above, the gts is a great car but it is a compomise for track, jump from a gts to a gt4 and the car is a dream to drive fast and much of that is due to the driver having to get it right due to the manual gearbox. But the issue most people have with the caymen is that they don't have the kick in the back powerwise that the big 991's pack, this is most evident when people have driven more powerfull cars and make a comparison to what they have already experienced. . Everyone has their preferences but todays buyer tends to demand outright power much as the arms race that is evident with the sportsbikes of today, but the power needs to be harnessed so as a result the electronics packages are evolving at great pace. Is this the answer, yes for some. Everyone wants the powers but very few can drive or ride without the support from the electronics. Horses for courses, you pays ya money you takes ya choice.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Heres my 911.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. fishing.jpg

14. @Wayne58 , I was expecting better than that! no comment about the oil burner engine either, or are you too dumbstruck by the sheer fugliness to come up with more rational comments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Am not fishing Pete, that is just fuckin ugly, nothing else to add !!
    (PS, the Aga under the bonnet don't help)
    (Pps, how's that a weekend toy??)

#160 Wayne58, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information