1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portimao - Nl - 7-9th September 2018

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by J0n3s, Aug 8, 2018.

1. You're still using the clutch lever as well I notice...:bucktooth:
    You may get away with turning the linkage, if not BSD can reverse the load cell. Have a look on their website.

2. I did 2.08 lunchtime of day 2. Duuno what the best was as NL stopped the telemetry.
    Last year was 2.25.... :poop:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yes, I know, think it's old habits, first bike with blipper, not fully use to it, however sometime it doesn't change down also
    I have used BSD before so might just give them a ring as was thinking of getting it tuned anyway so they can do both :upyeah:

4. Nice one, :upyeah: I have a biketech timer that's cost £30 (now £40 ish from infinity) with a transponder on the pit wall, its 1/10 of a second difference to the Focused events times

5. Yeah - it won't work below a certain rpm/mph. Also took deliberate foot work compared to the oem shifter (switch type).

6. Yeah even changing up I'm bit lazy with my foot and missed so many gears at first, I then tried changing the position of the foot peg only to grind it on every left turn!!

7. All that track time at Silverstone paying off :upyeah: I wont be able to keep up if we ever get on track together!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Video of the only session I did on the last day. I had been up all night with food poisoning and felt as ill as a dog so I was quite happy with a 2.04.
    I still had a lot in reserve so I will be aiming for a 2.00 minute lap next year. Just hitting a few apexes should help.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  9. You got a fair few laps in on the last day so my guess is you would have gone faster than that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Were FE reviling times?

11. Officially No, but I managed to see mine as wanted to stay in the fast group, below 2:05, and when they checked my times on Day2 I was very low 2:05s

12. So I spoke to BSD Performance, great guys and very helpful, and I need to check the rear sets if they will accommodate the reverse shift as they don't work with all, an I think if I understood correctly is that there is a connection for the rod at the rear of the footpeg, which I think mine are.

IMG_9804.JPG

13. Mick is very helpful.
    Check the linkage at the end of the shift rod.
    Sometimes it can just be flipped to get race shift.
    Look at the instructions, it's all on there.

14. Will do, collecting the bike on Saturday so when I get it home will have a good look.

15. Its a bonkers track, took me a whole day to get to grips with it. Best lap for me was 201.78

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. That’s awesome for first time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. My first time there earlier this year. Managed a few high 2m04’s. Definitely aiming for sub 2min next time. Kept grinding my gear lever on the tight left and it was really putting me off. Also kept messing up the semi-blind right before the drop into the final sweeping left turn.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I found the last left and the following right the hardest corners. I don't think I ever took the same line twice!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Nice one

Do Not Sell My Personal Information