1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Possible Purchase 1198sp

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by buzz, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Could you PM me the details.
    Thanks

2. What I mean is, you could probably buy a 1098R for not much more money right now (although not from a dealer, I admit) as seen by the one that went for £12,750 last week.

The SP is an S with a few nice bits on it. If the SP was cheaper, then there is a decision to be made.

I'm just saying what I would do, although I would say that, having the 'R'. It's your money buddy. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Get the base model then. Quite a few of them around at reasonable cost

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The R is an awesome bit of kit.

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The larger tank is the only useful extra. The ohlins are no better than the showa once set up properly, the QS is about as much use as a chocolate teapot and will likely murder your gearbox and the traction control is basic and rough. I'd buy a base 1198 all day long. Awesome engine. Or the 1098R. I miss my old 1198, i really do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Telt you not to sell it dinna, dinna telt you - did you listen, NO!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. I've seen cookster's bike and it's properly loved!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. +1. If you buy a bike, buy one of his!!

9. How are you finding the new bike compared to the 1198 ?

10. I start by looking in the garage.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Fungi :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thanks Bullitt. Does indeed look better at first glance.

13. These a black one on eBay for under £10k, been on for a week or 2. Private sale.

14. Just my two pence worth...

If you were to purchase a base model 1198, you would bag yourself an absolutely awesome bike that is stunning to look at and save yourself a few ££££'s potentially...

I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but... I believe the 1198's pretty much bottomed out the depreciation curve 12-18 months ago, they are currently modestly underrated, the base model 1198 was the last properly analogue Superbike that Ducati will ever produce (no fancy electronic rider aids) and although not limited in production numbers - its not very often you see one on the road... Given a few years, this combination of points could prove to see the 1198 base model quite sought after.

I may be wrong in my thinking, but its a very rewarding bike to ride when you get one in to the groove and I absolutely love mine.

This is why I've decided she's a keeper and despite pulling the trigger on a more modern Superbike recently, the 1198 is staying :)

If my thinking is way off the mark, it will still put a bigger grin on my face each time it gets ridden than money sat in the bank!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. The TC can be terrible if installed incorrectly. If the gyro is installed EXACTLY how Ducati Corse did then it's not too bad, but still not like a Panigale.

16. My street fighter is first gen TC and never had a problem with it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information