1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Possibly Faulty Fuel Sender?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bigjimknickers, Mar 31, 2020.

1. last time I was out I filled up the bike, done about 12 miles, now I've just fired it up to go out & my fuel gauge says 1/2 tank? ill need to prove this asap as I've only got a 3 month warranty & any issues id obviously like fixed before then.
    any tips?

2. Highly likely, probably the most common and repetitive fault on the earlier Multistradas. Andy

3. My tip is invoke your warranty and get it replaced.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Always use the trip computer to guage your range.

5. Have you just replaced it? When i replaced mine it took a little while to settle down. Don't know if it has to set itself up over a couple of fill ups. Doesn't inspire confidence. Working ok now. like gunz said always use the trip.

6. It’s not been replaced as far as I know, the bike is a 2010 & new to me a week or so ago, 3 month warranty included so I’ll need to get it noted ASAP.

7. 2010 Multistradas are probably on their second, third, or fourth fuel gauge sender by now. There are several threads about it on this forum, on which the topic has been discussed ad nauseam. Yes, get it replaced ASAP.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information