1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Possibly The Lightest 899 In The Country For Sale?

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by ginge46, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Apparently looking at his post.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yep personalised it

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I had the same problem with an 848. I spent the same as the bike again in parts (full ohlins, full termi, nemesis ECU and a load of other bits). I tried selling it for £10k and nobody was interested (because that was the price of a new 848). In the end I put is back to standard, sold the bike for £7k and the parts for £4K... so got more anyway! Very rarely do people pay more than a new standard bike for a project bike. I always keep everything in a box to switch it back before sale/trade-in.

I still want to know how much it weighed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yes, it was in there a few times. The first time it was in there it was in there being put up against my 899.

5. so your saying it was in there because you know it was in there because it was in there when your bike was in there?

6. Yes I know it was in there, I used to speak to ginge a bit around the time and I know the old editor so it’s not bullshit. My bike was tested against his around Silverstone, and also a standard r1 versus a trick one. I’m not getting involved with comments about weight etc but I know he is a nice chap that really looked after the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CBA to read all this. Has it sold?

8. The sale status is as mysterious as the weight!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The bikes for sale at a dealers. Could be sake it return, could have traded it in. Close the thread because we'll never know if it was the lightest 899 in existence.

10. I have onset of people troll carlesberg....

11. I would think Ducati might like to buy it to see how it was 135kg!

• Like Like x 1
  12. :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::poop:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information