1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. It's a good start;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I became 1 of them nob heads that ran out of fuel on track

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. All been there mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spoke to the guy with the genuine HP4 Race in the Indian restaurant on the last night and he said he was doing 1:52s

5. yeah, sounds about right. Fair bit off the pace, especially for such a quick bike

• Like Like x 1
  6. Those HP4 race's are mega bikes. Supposedly really easy to ride too, and proper weapons (Although I'm not sure I'd be so keen on pushing a bike that costs £70k)
    A friend binned one at Silverstone and it cost him £34k to repair as the frame was cracked

On a separate note, I've just got back from Cartagena, so keeping in theme with the thread, here's the obligatory pic:
    Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 16.33.45.png

In typical Spanish style, the track has had a revamp and rather than resurfacing it, they've basically painted it black
    Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 16.25.44.png
    It's not quite as grippy as it was before, although as you can see in the top pic, it's wearing off already in the corners
    They've patched up a few bits that I never thought were a problem, and the track's now kinda covered in large black splodges of what looks like chewing gum. It's plenty grippy on those patches, but a bit off putting
    The only real change, and worth considering if you're heading out there soon, is where the track's been painted black, it gets very hot, so on the 2nd afternoon the air temp was 23deg, but I measured the track temp on the start finish straight at 47deg
    Worth considering if you're thinking about tyre compounds as I used Soft Rear Bridgestone V02's and they got way too hot in the afternoon sessions.
    I struggled to get into a rhythm due to the black splodges as I just couldn't relax into the corners, but a couple of other guys were flying, so it was all in my head
    Stuck the timer on for a session, and although there was traffic every lap (there was 10 or so guys in fast group on CB500's), my best ideal lap was 1:39

Next stop Jerez in 3 and a bit weeks time

• Like Like x 7
  7. that’s a cracking time round Cartagena mate

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I don’t think an ‘ideal’ lap is an actual lap. I think it’s best sector times added up by computer to give best virtual type lap.

9. Who you off to Jerez with? I’ll be there around then with tracksense

10. Yeah, that's right. I didn't get a clear lap in the session with the timer, so it was the best 4 sectors combined over 5 laps.
    I'm there with No Limits end Nov and again Mid Jan with Tracksense. I've only been once last year and it rained pretty much for the 3 days, so I'm itching to get back there in the dry (Hopefully)

11. 1st year on track with bikes ever, not my first time on track (having raced cars).

1st time out was with with Hasslam @ Donnington.
    Both knees down, 1st time ever < hanging off like an idiot as advised, & going slow!

3.JPG
    1st Ever bike TD @ Donnington April (with the Ducati Forum riders) Novice Grp.
    Turning into too soon and rubbish body position. Might have been overtaking.. :)
    LHP_5458 (2).jpg
    Silverstone 2nd TD Intermediate (with Ducati forum riders)
    only.jpg
    Bedford 1 from Last TD this year, was under the weather..
    111 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 8
  12. Nice progress :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Useful intel - I'm there next Monday for 3 days :cool: I'm taking a geologist (lap timer).

• Like Like x 1
  14. If it's looking like it's gonna be sunny (which it probably will), take tyres that deal with a track hotter than you'd expect this time of year

15. Road Atlanta Turn 1 005.jpg Road Atlanta Turn 1 009.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Old man, old dog.

17. Ah bugger, you must be arriving just after. I'm there 22nd-24th with Tracksense. Did you know MotoGP are testing over this period? You'll be on as they're packing up I guess.
    And yeah, fingers crossed with the weather. This is my first time at Jerez. I've always been wary of booking up due to the historically crap weather in November. But fuggit, I'm feeling a lucky punk :D

18. Tyres are truckin' their way over...(hopefully)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks for setting up the 1st one, a few pointers and a push. Good to meet some more of the guys on here, share garages etc. Plenty to learn & room for improvement.

20. Just back from Spain yesterday and the weather was fantastic. Was around 30 degrees

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information