1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Yeah def scarier than mine! Suspension is horrible as standard, I had the rear raised a bit, and needed loads of preload on the front as from the factory it had none wound on. Then been tweaking a bit and it’s got way safer, but still retains some fear!

This was me last month, but I know I’ve got another few seconds easily, on V02’s and traction on 3 so you can see the difference.

• Like Like x 2
  2. May as well throw this on here from way back in 2001. I never gelled with the Gixxer - only bought it 'cos I couldn't afford a 748 back then... :(
    Donnington Redgate
    gsxr750_doningtonpark.jpg

3. Going orite ther matey not bad at all

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yer thats strange why mines flashi g so much i can only put it down to low temps on the day aswell as suspension not set up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe have a look at some of the Sylvain Guintoli videos from Donington. His tips helped me no end at Donington today when trying different things.

His tips from Hollywood down through Craners might help you as he doesn't use such a tight line on the left kink because he opens the corner up earlier.

I tried it today and my speed down to the old hairpin increased dramatically with less risk.

Edit: It was the video on short shifting that someone posted on the forum.

#2225 NoGutsNoGlory, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  6. Buttonwillow
    BW3_7170_1227_Jun2920_CaliPhoto.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah my mate I ride with keeps telling me about him, will have a watch of them thanks.

I know where I'm lacking in loads of places but I'm very much a creature of habit and manage to be consistently average without trying, but am learning to push a bit more. A year ago my best time was 1.54's on my S1000RR and now I'm in the 47's so getting there. Back at Donny in a few weeks so hoping to dip below 45.

8. A couple from last week at Donington on the new bike. The quality looks poor because I had to take a photo of the computer screen as the files are too big to upload.
    G1.jpg G2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cool. Second shot you make it look like a mini moto :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1

10. I thought that, dwarfs the gixxer more than I do!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm not very big 5'10" and 13st but I look like an elephant shagging a mouse in those pics!

The bike is really small for a 1000cc.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Your canister looks massive, it’s like mine once my mates shopped me haha

B2E45617-F0F1-49B7-8BFC-CB16EEA7525B.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. I look like Big Ed!

14. Snett the other week ,just in from my first blat on the r!

A229F4C9-D514-4382-8CFA-05AC610C0D78.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Donny 2018 on the yam!

4D13640A-3863-43A9-9326-FC5FA565996B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. What was the garage situation?

17. Assen for me last sunday, still a lot to learn;).
    20200715_223036.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. We didn’t even bother trying bud! Set up in the paddock with gennies and was fine! Back there for two days end of the month so hopefully camping is now allowed!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Caldwell,2011 I think on the Kawasaki!

31CA99B3-B369-4918-AA25-FCF8A2AB7BF2.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Camping is allowed now

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information