1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. That's the same day (29/07/20), I too ran out of talent :eek:, with a big off at the gooseneck, looks like it had dried by the time your footage was taken though :cool:.

2. You have plenty of talent and willing to push hard. Really enjoyed that, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers matey

4. was a decent day first time on the v4 at caddy so sorting suspension trying to dial it in

5. Got my nerd on and had another go at editing.

#2345 Nelson, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  6. That was good, really enjoyed it and love the three tracks. I laughed when your bottled it comment was followed by The Stranglers. :D
    Keep it up :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Got VFM from these ...

20200915_161000.jpg

• WTF WTF x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Just back from Almeria with focussed
    Unfortunately, the chain snapped on my BMW on the first day going through the seat unit, and taking out the gearbox sensors, so that was the end of that bike for the trip
    I then rented a ZX10RR road bike with track fairings from Focussed and spent the final 3 days with a camera stuck to the front chasing my 14yr old son around, who was there on next year's BSB practice Ninja 400
    Other than the buggered BMW, it was a great trip and a nice way to see out what's been a pretty rubbish 2020
    Mikey and Graeme Almeria.jpg

Got away lightly with the snapped chain, with just a few bruises on my arse and a small cuts on my lower back
    snapped chain .jpg

Although it was quite sunny for all four days, there was some weird weather front over Southern Spain, and it was pretty cold and very windy. They had to close the track a few times as they have a 60kph wind limit, and on the late afternoon of the second day, the wind took a bit of the roof off one of the garages !

• Like Like x 5
    • WTF WTF x 1
  9. I noticed that cold wind at Almeria early this year. Played havoc with tyre temps. Was not aware they had a wind speed limit though. Hoping February 11th will be ok.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Epic father & son pic right there!
    I was in Almeria in Nov a few years ago and it was f'ing cold! I recall approaching the circuit and the hills in the distance were white with frost. The wind coming off them and on to circuit was shocking! :cold_sweat:

11. Yeah, a mate of mine that lives near there was saying that if it's windy in Dec/Jan timing, the wind can be bloody cold
    If you managed to find a spot out the wind and in the sun, it was properly shorts and shirt weather, but as soon as the wind got on you, it was jeans and puffer jacket
    The track stayed fairly grippy though even though the long back straight into a headwind really chilled your front tyre off, so you had to be careful in the last two turns and build some heat into turn one

12. Yeah - i remember the tyres being colder when you came back in!

13. Chilled front tyre as you trail brake into the final chicane.....nice.

Probably a good idea to go for a warming coffee in the paddock cafe and watch the carnage :eek:

14. Found these snaps in the drawer. Sometime in mid 90s I was lucky enough (!!) to get a few laps on the platform around Brands with Roger Body. Scary, even at gentle pace.

47B497DE-B5AC-4A7A-B65D-BB449D0BB4AA.jpeg 106BE551-850B-406F-B097-AFF525BE5603.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Bloody hell mate. I take it your left leg is ok? Looks a bit hairy that.. :astonished:

16. A bit bruised and battered and I had a few cuts up my lower back below the protected part of my leathers, but basically ok
    Got away with it lightly really

• Like Like x 1
  17. glad you’re ok pal. Epic shot with Mikey as well.

apart from the chain snapping, how you find the beemer compared to the R1? Thinking of getting a beemer myself.

18. It's hard to tell as the chain snapped on the 3rd or 4th session, and it had a shift cam sensor failure before that point, so I've not had much luck with it so far
    It feels like a great bike though, and the power is super linear

19. Cartagena last weekend. First time out on the R1

94CC452A-A297-43B6-A0DB-14C0532EFAB8.jpeg 100E4D54-FFFF-4D47-A56A-0EE621E7FDE6.jpeg

6B671A76-E30E-4007-AF1A-244C90957858.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information