1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Must be a handful flicking a Mutley through those chicanes. Though you made it look easy enough :)

2. Ha yes it was! Corning abs helped ;)

On day 2 I was needing 4th by the top of the hill and holding high revs to the next chicane. Anti wheelie on 1 was great over the summit, just pub and hold. Had a marshal waving at me a couple of times as I got braver and wheel got higher I I got used to AW and just kept pinned. :)

3. I'm at Oulton next month....novice group and hoping my wheels, both of em stay firmly on the ground:grimacing:

• Like Like x 1
  4. IMG_8321.JPG IMG_8318.JPG

Just got home from a good 3 days in Cartagena
    Had a good first morning, but gearbox issues meant the remainder of the trip was a bit touch and go whether my ZX10R would stay in gear or not
    Anyway, got a few decent pics on day one, so that's something to take home (as well as a sickness and shits bug)

• Like Like x 7
  5. Feels like I oughta live in Spain given how cold and wet it was in Swindon this morning :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Just finished painting the track bike after an off at Cartagena before Christmas

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 10
  7. Its a cracker :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARAGON 2016 PANIGALE MUPPET DOWN ! ! ! !

2nd Day , 2nd session , about 2/3rds through session, fuel light comes on
    I think should be OK for last 2 or 3 laps. Twat
    2 1/2 laps later it just dies. Bollocks.
    never mind , I shall roll off the track to a nice safe area , feeling a bit embarrassed and wait for the kind recovery man to pick me up. Oh no
    Didnt even notice the vast expanse of the enormous gravel trap right in front of me.
    Straight over.
    The trackday photographer must have got several hundred photos of me in the 10 seconds I was falling off and rolling around in the gravel.
    How we all laughed at every photograph later on..
    At least the bike was OK , other than a fairing full of gravel
    Never mind.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. What a bastard.
    Gotta love the 'bollocks' :D

10. Nice going Kev :Asshat::Banghead:

11. F$ck, shit , bastard comes to mind.

12. I think if you turn the volume right up you can hear me swearing.
    To make it worse , when I picked the bike up , the front brake was completely locked on. I couldnt move the bike at all.
    I had to just stand there in the middle of the gravel trap for about 10 minutes until the session finished and the rescue vehicle could get to me .
    I must have looked a right knob , I certainly felt like 1.
    A pebble had got stuck in the front brake master cylinder , locking it on.
    I had no idea, but the marshalls knew straight away. I suppose they have seen it loads of times.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Aye there's a compulsory little "FFS" :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Gravel is the shit of the devil.

15. TBF, I didn't even see the gravel coming until you were on it but then again your eyes should have been better than the camera :tearsofjoy:

Maybe put the idea that they should dye their gravel :tonguewink:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Found this video from last year on my mac so uploaded it.

Towards the end I had a right moment going into paddock. Properly outbraked myself. The rear end of the bike was up in the air and the bike was shaking like a leaf. It was one of those, come off the brakes or drop it moments I hope I don't have too many more of. Shame videos don't show the extent of these things.

• Like Like x 3
  17. I bet you were pleased to see that chequered flag.
    That could have been very painful and expensive.

18. I think I was building up to that moment to be honest mate. I was running in too hot and wide frequently during that session exploring parameters.

It was definitely an oh shit moment, lucky I reacted rationally really!

Otherwise I don't think it looked to bad, always open to suggestions of where I can improve especially if it keeps me sunny side up

#1199 Advikaz, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. IMG_4366.JPG Great three days in Cartagena, took a while to get to grips with the track and only really started to feel it coming together on the final day. No doubt learned a lot from day to day and look forward to some days in the U.K.

Possible Upgrades next in this order but not necessary.

Steering Damper - was getting a fair few wobbles on when getting throttle pinned. Hear of people upgrading to Ohlins.

Lightweight Wheels - Gold OZ's for turn in and well bling really.

Ohlins upgraded suspension (Not sure i would notice a great deal but again lovely bits of kit)

Want to have suspension set up too to see if makes a big difference.

Well aware that I'm not getting anywhere near maximum out of bike but nice to learn with it.

Anyone done any upgrades that made a big difference? Just done a few track days running in inters.

Cheers Lyndon

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information