1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. @KevR what are you riding in the vid?

2. Its a Triumph 675.

3. Sounded nice it did :hearteyes: though it might have been an RSV4 or R1 by the way you kept with the black pani.

4. Mine is still being sold!!

5. It goes pretty well considering its only 675cc, I also think its a bit easier to ride than a bigger bike . I used to have a Panigale , which I loved , but found the power delivery a bit too intimidating for me . Having said that I have just bought an RSV4 , which I am hoping will be quick , but not quite as brutal as the Pani.

• Like Like x 1
  7. IMG_9477.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  8. From Monday, took me ages to get going! Felt really rusty and rigid

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  9. A few pics from my recent trip to Estoril and Portimao :motorcycleduc:

First time at both circuits, went with No Limits and had a great time. I cannot rate Portimao enough.

_DSC1968.JPG

_DSC2579.JPG

_DSC2652.JPG

_DSC3236.JPG

_DSC3598.JPG

_DSC5377.JPG

_DSC5481.JPG

_DSC6139.JPG

_DSC7772.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  10. My recent off at Rockingham. Far below the standards of most on here (I didn't expect to go and prove it though!!). I managed to get down to 1min 45secs on the lap before the crash and I'd hope to go better as the sessions went on. 'Twas not to be unfortunately.

And before the off....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. My recent off at Rockingham. Far below the standards of most on here (I didn't expect to go and prove it though!!). I managed to get down to 1min 45secs on the lap before the crash and I'd hope to go better as the sessions went on. 'Twas not to be unfortunately.

I should probably try some big boy pants and venture into the inters at some point, if I can avoid crashing that is.

And before the off....

[​IMG]

12. Some great photo's Simon

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ouch , thats a bummer , I hope you were Ok and not too much damage to the bike. Good to see it hasn't put you off trackdays. Try inters next time, you looked like you were passing a lot of bikes pretty quickly in the novice group.
    Kev

14. Cheers Kev

Yeah, It's a right sod but there's worse happening to folk so I'm not gonna grumble too much. The damage is mainly superficial - to make perfect it needs all new front plastics, screen, left mirror, clutch cover, RHS heel plate and lower triple clamp.

I think I've secured most of the parts save for the triple clamp but I'm waiting to hear on that one. Also got a few covers / protectors for various bits coming! Nothing like locking the stable door after the gee gee has done one.

I only got a bruised rib, a few bruises here and there and a long long day trying to get my road bike home!!

Matt

15. You look a bit crossed up in that pic mate. What happened ? Pilots fixation type thing ?

Hope you get the bike sorted

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not sure about the crossed up bit - I thought the bars looked pretty straight?.

The off looks like a combination of too fast and too wide and not looking through the corner enough. I was finding the lines tricky through those bends all morning but looking through more would help I think. I don't believe it was a target fixation issue as I only sat it up when I knew the grass was inevitable at the last second and was trying to avoid a lowside on the grass. I jammed the anchors on over the tarmac slip road before letting off again for the second bit of grass. It was really boggy and slippy on the grass (why it fell over for the second time) and if the barrier was a few feet to the right I'd have managed to avoid it!

Cheers

Matt

17. I mean as in the rider looks crossed up aka body position :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I get you now mate, Google is my friend. . Something else to think about while avoiding crashing!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information