1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. I read 21 bikes failed the test yesterday :mad:

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Mine was 103db at Rockingham but read 106.3 yesterday! I didn't warm it up as I vanned it and knew they'd let me off whatever it was as it was a panigale with std cans. No issue with the drive by though.

3. Hi Guys

A couple of videos from Monday Evening (17/07) at Snetterton on my Monster 1100 evo.
    Adv group on my poor Bike 100 hp down on most of the bikes out there.
    Even got out dragged by a cbr600 steelie on pit straight :)

A lot of fun trying out Rosso 3 road tyres which worked quite well apart from spinning up a couple of times exiting Oggies.

I only usually go in Inters where I'm comfortable.
    was a bit swamped in Advanced but still had a laugh.

Failed static noise test at 106.5 db with a road legal Akrapovic with baffle in!
    (101.5 @ Rockingham 102 @ brands WTF!)
    anyway wired exh valve shut and got 102 pass

forgot to unwire valve for Sighting laps and bike wouldn't rev above 4000rpm so backed up half the pack (I'll get my coat)
    anyway pulled in and removed wire and didn't set off driveby at all.

I think its more fun on a slow bike that handles well.

will stick photos up when they get uploaded. ;)

Regards
    Rick

[​IMG]

#1303 Cobra88, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Poor quality but having a laugh trying quite hard (times are shit) to catch mates on panigale and tuono. I had a great time :)

• Like Like x 7
  5. I just took the 1290 Superduke on track for the first time and I figured I'd post it here. I hadn't done a dedicated track day for about 2-3 years, in part due to work commitments, but mainly not having any of the old mates I used to go with bothering anymore.

Unfortunately the sad state of affairs at the moment is nearly all my mates are bikeless for one reason or another, or if they have a bike they're so under the thumb they're keeping things like track days or European trips at arms length :rolleyes:

Luckily my Mrs would rather not see me sulk, so she told me to book on with Focused Events on my own. It was a 108db day which was too good to pass up especially running the full akra.

It took me a session or so to get back into the swing of things, but I also had the opportunity to work with Colin at 100% suspension on the SD1290.

Up until then I'd been running some settings which were very kindly provided to me by @Gimlet (thanks mate). They worked really well up to a point, but I'm likely a bit bigger and heavier at 100kg without gear so it needed a few small tweaks. It still pushed and wallowed a tiny bit getting on the power out of the bends, Colin sorted that lovely so well worth the £50

So what's the Superduke like on track? Fuc##ng Hilarious :joy:

It's got such a beautiful big dollop of torque that as soon as you start to stand it up even slightly you're just Slingshotted into the distance. You need to clamber over the tank to keep the front end down a bit, but it's just such a good naked bike and can run with the superbikes if you use the torque to your advantage.

Few snaps here (van kindly provided by my work):

IMG_2761.JPG GJW_1029.JPG GJW_4266.JPG GJW_4395.JPG GJW_4396.JPG GJW_4397.JPG GJW_4398.JPG

All in all I had a brilliant day, even on my lonesome. It's got me thinking about starting to do more whether the mates still do them or not, the only slight issue I could get would be noise restrictions as I bet the Sd needs at least a 105db day. Perhaps that's something I need to consider

Oh and Ducati if you're listening, now that you've finished using the 1299 lump in the panigale, how about we get a new full power Street fighter eh?

You know it makes sense :upyeah:

• Like Like x 8
  6. I'd be interested to know what suspension tweaks you made @damodici. Mine is much better than stock but it still wallows and squirms when pushed hard. I think as the miles have gone by I've got used to the bike and I'm riding it harder than I was at the start.
    I try to ride as loose as I can and let the bike move beneath me but I rather it moved less than it does. And I don't like to keep winding in compression because at some point you're reducing suspension movement to the point where you're solely reliant on the tyres for grip and I don't want to find that point, especially on the road.

Can't afford a full suspension upgrade anytime soon so any track-tweaks gratefully received. Don't know what it is in kilos but I'm 13 stone.

7. I left before seeing Colin so I don't have quick access to the changes made across the day but I'll go count some clicks at some point this week.

We initially made some changes after the first session, just to sort out the rebound which he does by eye and experience I guess, that made a difference. Obviously a touch of compression was also added at that stage.

After another 2 or 3 sessions when I'd got my mojo back and the oils warmed I'd found new limits and so popped back to see him.

We made a further slight tweak to the rebound and it did really help settle it for the faster pace I'd found.

Not ridden it on the road again yet but I'd probably leave the rebound alone and if a smidgen harsh just back a couple of clicks off the compression.

100kg is about 15 stone I think

8. I haven't touched my rebound from the settings I gave you. Just added a couple of clicks of compression. Don't know where to go with the rebound really.
    If you get time to count your clicks I'd really appreciate it, cheers. I wouldn't have thought the weight difference would be that important if I'm not altering preload.
    Are your forks in the original position in the yokes? I know some people who've lifted them and and say it helps but I haven't altered mine yet. One change at a time, I think.

9. Forks as stock in terms of where they are but I do have the race triple clamps but I wouldn't have thought that makes any difference

10. Looks like you had a brill time. I know watching McWilliams at Cartagena and Almeria he didn't have a problem with one on track ;)

I spent a day and a half chasing a mate on a tuono v4 around snetterton, and can tell you that I'd take one of those in an instant for trackdays now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snetterton.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Few more...
    track1.JPG track3.JPG
    track2.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  13. Me racing my 1098R at the Hungaroring last Saturday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  14. How you finding it compared to sps

15. have you got an iphone stuck on your tank??? nice pics by the way

16. It's like chalk and cheese. I would be exhausted getting off the SPS last year because I had to ride the wheels off it all of the time. The 1098 never gets out-dragged in a straight line (1199 friend says I pull away from him) and the suspension seems more stable, so it's a less physical bike in comparison.

Riding with traction control took some getting used to and after ironing out some issues with it I am having to change my style to keeping wheels in-line and not spinning the rear like I used to.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes. I was sending a tweet ;-)

That's a cheap Android phone running Racechrono Pro and there's a Bluetooth GPS receiver under the screen.

18. Tweeting whilst racing.. :cool::cool:.... surprised you were allowed things on the tank when racing? thanks for the info about racechrono Pro, I've been after the name of an app for trackdays....:upyeah:

19. It's allowed as are cameras as long as they are secure and the cameras have to placed along the centre line of the bike only.

20. Interesting you find it less hard work. Everyone I know who tracks one says it's the hardest bike to ride fast they have known. Because it has so much grunt!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information