1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Well, I've little doubt that if it was an alloy or magnesium wheel it would be in at least three separate pieces.

I was still using it like that and braking from over 146MPH (real speed) for a further session and a few laps of the session after that.

I wouldn't have been using it if I'd have noticed eh, especially with spare wheels in the van.

2. I don't think forged alloy would crack like that unless crashed into a curb. Did you hit anything with the carbons?? @Air Duck

3. Yeah it's mine, last week (or was it the week before?) 'the other day' anyway.

@cookster honestly mate, I've seen all sorts of wheels in heavy crashes and they all get completely torn apart - literally, yeah it punched a hole in a wall.

Top tip: Don't use your bike to punch holes in trackside safety walls :noentry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. #facepalm

5. I'm debating new wheels for my track suzuki not sure if I like the idea now of carbon :thinkingface:

6. I think they are worth every penny.

Problem is the replacement cost but how much is a new OEM wheel?

7. Yeah mate, was an expensive day out, plus I've only been able to sit down from yesterday :sweat:

8. Maybe a set of carbon dymags then?? :yum

9. Thats nothing to do with the trackday tho. Tell her to be less rough and use more lube :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Not sure what to do really, if I just replace the front I could go for RotoBox or another BST, I'm not sure what the advantage is of getting a Dymag but am all ears...

Set of OEM wheels going on in the morning as I want to use it soon.

11. F9 BST 4.PNG

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thanks mate, yes I was in contact with them a lot a few years ago after I'd got a set of their wheels, they've always been super helpful and professional. I'll be sending them the pics anyway as I want to ensure they log the damage against the serial and will follow any advice from there :upyeah:

13. Portimao.
    Action shots to follow- I hope! When Mr bloody maƱana the photographer sorts his shit out!
    SAM_0934.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  14. @Nelson could have put the stand up mate!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I know - massive faux pas! I lost the opportunity to retake as my lead was followed to take pit lane pics!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Might be worth having a word with Charles at HPS, I had to get a replacement front wheel for my MTS after pothole / crater damage, he did it at cost price, still ***kin expensive but a fair bit cheaper than retail, had to return the damaged rim to him too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Lord knows when the photographer is going to send me my f'ing pics!
    Lifted a couple from his FB page.
    21994349_1833621596667284_4367922970937739004_o.jpg 2831_o.jpg Track3.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information