1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Silverstone yesterday. Was good to get out on track despite not making the most of the day due to injuries sustained in my crash a couple of weeks ago :upyeah:

upload_2017-10-4_13-19-53.png

• Like Like x 8
  2. You don’t hang about mate bearing in mind a recent engine blow

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Oh shit, that's not good
    I broke a rear earlier this year, and just couldn't trust them again, so sold the front on and moved to Oz Piega wheels.
    It was literally whilst fitting a tyre, and the rim collapsed. No real force at all, but folded the rim lip straight into the inside and all the carbon literally pulled apart
    Luckily for me, the tyre fitter claimed the wheel through his insurance, so i sold the front on and bought the Oz wheels instead.

4. WTF!? What wheel was it? Did you have it from new etc??
    Gotta say I've been pretty impressed with the carbon wheels so far but the Oz GASS-RSA wheels are a tempting alternative!

5. IMG_8751.JPG IMG_8749.JPG
    Yeah, an 8 month old BST carbon

6. A bit worrying as I have BST's on my 999, no problems so far though.o_O

7. Really mate I must have fitted more than 11 tyres on my BST rear and have never seen that happen, I'm thinking they must have had the 'duck/goose' element of tyre machine adjusted way too tight?

8. Hi mate, don't worry! Mine was caused by a crash mate and a heavy one at that. Will be interesting to hear how this came about on @graeme4130 wheel but yeah that looks terrible!

Anyway, if you do get worried you can sell your BSTs to ME!!! :grinning:

9. @graeme4130 that is seriously bad mate, did you contact BST about and if so what did they say (I'm interested as I'm in comms with them and HPS regards my front ATM), thanks!

10. Yeah, I spoke with Ben at HPS and sent him some pics. He gave me a uk place to see if it could be repaired, but they said no, so the fitters insurance paid up

11. Yeah, I spoke with Ben at HPS and sent him some pics. He gave me a uk place to see if it could be repaired, but they said no, so the fitters insurance paid up

12. Ah was that the cycle repair shop? They suggested I go there too, until they saw the pics, lucky for you re the fitters insurance mate but from the pics and description of what happened it sounds like 100% the fitters fault assuming you hadn't been down the road on it

13. Yeah, that's the place. I can't remember their name, but it was a carbon bike repair company.
    I was there when the tyre fitted did it, as he's a mate of mine. There wasn't a massive amount of pressure, and then suddenly, a massive cracking noise and it was broken.
    Since I've gone to the Piega R wheels, I don't notice any difference in feel as they're still way lighter than the OE wheels.
    The carbon wheels were lovely things, but with the amount of tyres I go through, and the amount of times my bike gets crashed, I just couldn't put the trust in a carbon rim any more

14. Mate, I'm 100% on the same page with you there... for me it's the cost issue vs number of crashes vs fairly straight used wheels...

Once you get used to ultra light rims though it's hard to go back

15. Portimao - Sept 2017 Redline. Been a pain getting these, but got to be the best TD pics I've had.:cool:
    2H5A1466.jpg 2H5A5624.jpg 2H5A5627.jpg
    2H5A4761.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  16. This is me at Almeria last week. Before I fell off. Dohhh!! I'll stick the vid up when I've sussed how to edit the dam thing..... mebeingace.png

• Like Like x 8
  17. Just back from Portimao with No Limits, fantastic 3 days, only a couple of reds in novice groups so plenty of track time, didn't quite sneak into the 1.59's but pleased with a 2.00.756, a couple of seconds improvement on last year, oh and the bike was geared wrong for the main straight, up on the limiter after about 2/3rds, so kept it rolled off :(. Didn't go for the "official" photos, although great quality, I thought £45 for 42 shots wasn't such a great deal.

So a bit of video footage instead, feel free to critique :p:

• Like Like x 5
  18. Nice riding. I see what you mean about the gearing. You were short shifting a lot during the lap too, so a slightly longer gearing would sort that out, and there's possibly a couple of seconds in that main straight if you could keep it pinned right up to the right hander.
    I'm itching to ride at Portamao. I've had a walk around the track when I was on holiday there with the family, but didn't have a bike and been keen to get back ever since. I'm going to try and get on the NL trip there late June next year as that way the better weather is more likely as it likes to rain there a lot over the cooler months apparently

19. Nice video, shows the track layout well! What was all those guys sitting up and turning around all the about?? A bit many peeps dawdling on the racing line for comfort IMO.

Regards feedback I'd say keep it pinned to the red line in each gear as @graeme4130 pointed out and also you seem to be drawn into the corner at times too, making the corner sharper/harder for yourself and the bike, meaning you have to slow down a bit more for it, stay out wide to make it easier, faster and safer - get right onto the outside white lines and peel in from there.

What happened to your gearbox at 9:42? Sounded very much like my suicide-box that keeps trying to kill me by jumping into neutral!

20. Thanks, yes the gearing really was frustrating, had a new g/b over the winter and used it at Parcmotor, Oulton, Cadwell and Silverstone, where it was fine, apparently it now has the Corse ratios, hence the issue at Portimao! Not sure about keeping it pinned up to the right hander :eek:, but certainly time to be gained on the long straight, maybe next year!! Definitely get yourself there, you're have a great time, I went in September last year and October this year was even hotter than then, 29-32c last week, the guys who went in March this year had 3 days of rain :(, June would be fine I guess!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information